“Hotel Eloisa Jan 2009 A Tad Tired”
Review of Eloisa Hotel

Eloisa Hotel
Ranked #107 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Mpls, MN
“Hotel Eloisa Jan 2009 A Tad Tired”
Reviewed February 15, 2009

Just came back from 3 days at Hotel Eloisa. Thankfully we moved after the third day. I'm guessing from some of the better reviews it has received on Trip Advisor that it has seen better days. Location is great. Our view was good. We had a suite overlooking the park.
That's about it for good. Friends also rented a suite. Their view was a joke. Of people's garbage. The rooms/suites look nothing like the pictures on the internet.

I can't imagine cooking in the kitchen. Very small refrigerator. A hot plate that one would have to be an all star athlete to plug in. No oven. And very few actual utensils, pots, etc.
Not at all clean. Lots of windows, but all quite dirty. Several stained, non functioning roman shades to cover the windows. Even the walls were stained and dirty.

For the price I would think one could do better. Even in the Romantic Zone and if you have to - I'd consider being a few more blocks from the ocean.

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — The stained walls and stained, non- functioning roman shades. The dirty windows. The non-functioning kitchen.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Everywhere
Reviewed February 3, 2009

I booked a air/hotel package from Expedia that included this hotel. I booked a suite with the european suite with a king size bed, air, kitchenette. 24 hours before my departure to Puerto Vallarta I called the hotel and asked them to reserve me a suite with a view of the ocean, which they agreed to do. By the way, I do speak spanish fluently. When I got to the hotel, they gave me a room that had no view, was very small with a bed that had a mattress about 2 or 3 inches thick, sitting on top of a piece of plywood, so it was hard as a rock. I am a really easy going person, who generally accepts things as they are, but this room was very run down, and I do mean run down. I then went to the front desk and told them I was suppose to be in a suite with a view, and presented my printed agreement from Expedia. The guy at the front desk was rather rude and told me this was all he had. I then asked for a international phone number to call Expedia and he told me he had none.
I then went to an internet cafe that is a short distance away and called Expedia, and explained my problem. They attempted to call the hotel over a period of 45 minutes before they could get someone to answer. In the meantime I am stuck on hold, paying for a long distance call from Puerto Vallarta to the United States. After Expedia was finally able to reach the hotel, they came back on the line to me and told me Eloisa would refund my total amount of my money which was for a 2 night stay. Expedia for my troubles provided me an additional voucher for $150.00 dollars for my inconvienance. One last note, I had asked the hotel if they would refund my money since they were not providing me the type of room I had paid for and the guy at the front desk told me no.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank On The Go 2000

Travelers are raving about these Puerto Vallarta hotels

San Francisco
Reviewed October 14, 2008

we've been coming to PV for couple of years now and we've stayed from a really nice hotel/condo to NOT so nice hotel. If you're looking for something in between you will not be disappointed with Hotel Eloisa. I LOVE this place. It's in the middle of everything!!! Restaurants, malecon, shopping, bars and clubs. We recently stayed over at Hotel Eloisa during thanksgiving week (Nov 2007) and I cannot wait to come back to this place. The staffs are great, location is perfect and the rooms are well maintained. We stayed in a suite and what a beautiful layout. It's spacious, beautifully decorated and well furnished. The only complain I have is, there's only one elevator ... but because of that we used the stairs a lot, which was good considering all the food we ate during our vacation. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE.

• Liked — Location Location Location ... and the big layout of our room
  • Disliked — could use some updates ...
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank OBoogie
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2008

The Hotel Eloisa is a filthy dump in disrepair. The pictures of the hotel and rooms on line were completely misleading, making it look like a decent place to stay. It was not.

The bed was very bad; I tossed and turned all night. A single light bulb in the dirty ceiling fixture was the only light in the room. The bathroom was not clean. The shower stall looked like it was salvaged from a junkyard.

When it rained, there was water in the hallways and stairwells, and the elevator could not be used "for your own safety" when wet. To get around you had to dodge water falling, and puddles and streams of water on the floor. They spread out towells in some places to keep people from falling. Handles missing from the drawers. Lumpy pillows. A hole in the wall.

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Regina, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2008

I had rented 2 suites for March 21st for a group of 6 that included a 1 year old and a 3 year old. When we arrived at the hotel, we were told that our reservations were for the next night and they had no room for us so come back the next day. They said the rooms had been charged to my credit card but too bad, so sad. After being quite firm, they finally found us a dive at someone's home up the side of the mountain for the night that cost us $245 for dirty rooms. The next day I found a copy of the email with the reservation number on it and returned to the Eloisa. By luck the woman who sent it to me was on duty. She admitted the error but didn't offer an apology of any sort. She did say my credit card hadn't been charged but I will check when the bill arrives.
My advice? Phone the Eloisa a week after you make your reservation to ensure they haven't screwed up your reservation.

• Liked — Great location.
  • Disliked — Poor front desk help.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank RonfromRegina
Oregon
Reviewed January 16, 2008

Hotel Eloisa is in wonderful location of romantic zone. Less than a half block to the beach. The hotel is definitely budget. For example, there were 2 adults and 1 (4 year old) and 1 16 yearold so we booked the 1 room suite. The room came with a small refrigerator. The 2 couches in the living room (were not hide-a-beds) but served as beds for our 4 year old and 16year old. Also the bed in the 1 room suite was a queen but a bit shorter than American Standards so my husband's feet hung off thebed (he's 6'4"). There is no internet access at the hotel. However, there is a internet cafe a few doors down from the hotel.

We did have trouble getting towels almost everyday. Some days they would leave us enough towels for 4 people and other days, we were lucky if we got 2 towels. That was a bit annoying to not have enough towels. The staff was great about responding to our towel requests. The rooftop pool area has a wonderful view of the city. Although please note that neither pool is heated. This hotel is not fancy but is worth the money if you want budget and want to be close to the Malecon. There are a number of wonderful restaurants in Romantic Zone such as Cafe de Olla, a Brazillian restaurant, Nemo's Pancake House, etc.

Also the local bus stops about a block away from the hotel.

Stayed December 2007
5 Thank zacharysmommy
Winnipeg
Reviewed December 29, 2007

Had to laugh though..they pics on web don't match the room..The room is a shanty with two double beds that are so used and rocked like the ocean..very poor condition. There is no dresser...just a few drawers screwed to the wall. Bathroom plumbing stunk like a sewer, had to keep the door closed and the blocks adjoining in the bathrooms, you can hear everyone going pee, showering, talking, etc. No towels, one small bath towel per person, no hand towel or face cloth. TV in room did not provide all channels like the neighbours, no TV remote until 2nd last night out of 7 night stay. The channels we did get were in Spanish only.
We did not pay $36 but more like $84 US per NIGHT for 2 adults and 1 child, age 15.....NO VALUE HERE. There are trying to pay for remodelling. Local area has bums drinking and buses that are so noisy and start early in the morning. The pools are deserted and no one but the locals went for a swim. Lots of Mexicans stayed here. Place to sleep and wash...that's all folks!

• Liked — Place to wash/sleep
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family