“Wonderful Little Gem”
Review of Eloisa Hotel

Eloisa Hotel
Ranked #104 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Our first visit to PV and this hotel was great! Amazing staff, very friendly. Standard Rms a little small so we quickly upgraded to a suite. Great space, with gorgeous views of the park and ocean. EXCELLENT location to the beach, shops and nightlife. Room had a little kitchen and nice size fridge. Two pools including a lovely roof terrace (where breakfast is served daily). Would definitely recommend this hotel, if you want a little more quiet and privacy than some of the beach resorts in the Romantic District.

Room Tip: Suites are much more comfy, spotty WiFi coverage toward front of hotel but great views.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I was only there for one night waiting to get a condo. They have regular rooms and suites. I read a few reviews about the regular rooms and they seemed a little too regular for me. I had a suite and for 1 person it was very large. Everything was very clean and the staff was very helpful and polite. Large living room, king size bed in the bedroom, balcony and kitchette. Less than a block to the Malecon. Everything was very nice about this hotel. Also included breakfast at the rooftop pool area. I would stay there again. At least two air conditioners in the suite that worked extremely well. It's a great value.

Room Tip: Suites seemed to be higher up then the regular rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2014

There are very mixed reviews on Eloisa. I stayed for 2 weeks and enjoyed it. The room was fine, shower worked great, beds just as comfortable as anywhere else, I was on the first floor and faced the park (which is what I asked for) and I loved it (I use earplugs almost anywhere I go and sometimes at home). I walk with a cane and I loved the area and the businesses close by and enjoyed the Saturday morning market across the street.

The rooftop pool, sunning area and morning breakfasts were all I required and enjoyed meeting great people there. All the staff I met were very helpful - if I wanted wash cloths, shower mat, more towels, I just asked my housekeeper and she was great.

My only cons to this property were that you can't rent a fridge for your room which I really enjoy having and that I had to take a step outside my room to get wifi (which was better than the previous and more expensive place I had moved from where I couldn't get it at all and had to go to a coffee shop down the block).

I met people and saw their suite which would be exactly what I would love to stay in for about 3 months next year but was quoted about $33,000+pesos per month which is way out of my price range. :(

I stayed in PV for 6 weeks at 3 hotels for 2 weeks each. Hotel Eloisa would be my first pick especially if I could get a fridge or a suite was more affordable.

I am looking for a long term place and have specific requirements due to my needs...pool or area to suntan, elevator, clean, safe, no hills or stairs to climb and in Zona Romantica/Old Town area. :)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank DebiLynn706
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

The pictures are not at all representative of the rooms. They are dim, old faded bedding, and the beds are terribly uncomfortable. They supply you with 2 clean towels a day, but no wash cloths. The shower floods the whole bathroom floor, which is fine as long as you don't set your towel outside the shower on the floor. During the week it is a pretty quiet place to be. The weekend is terrible. There are kids running through the halls screaming at all hours of the night, and starts back up at 6 a.m. you can also hear your neighbors have conversations or take a pee. The positives? Great central location with a wonderful view! The cleaning staff does a great job as well.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The only positive about this hotel is the great central location. We purchased an offer on cupocity.com - supposedly a $1600+ peso room for only $675. The photos in the offer were of bright, cheery rooms with colorful furniture and bedding. The room we were given was drab and dreary, only 1 overhead light with no lamps, and the only window opened into the interior courtyard. The AC was from a window-style AC unit but it was in a closet, not a window, so presumably sucking air from some air duct that who-knows-when-was-cleaened-last? 2 hours in the room left me and my husband sniffling and sneezing from the mustiness. When we complained at the front desk and asked of the possibility of moving to a street-facing room with an outdoor terrace, we were told there was nothing they could offer. The posted rates at the front desk stated $946 for the standard room we were in - but the offer we purchased was for a room valued at $1600+pesos. Learned our lesson here - if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Hotel Eloisa was exactly what we were looking for for our 2 weeks in Old Town Puerto Vallarta. The location is perfect for what we like to do while in PV.

We have stayed in more upscale condos nearby previously but wanted to try something different this trip. It was very much what we expected. There were a few things that surprised us with our "suite". There was a fridge, a Butane Hot Plate, a sink, some dishes and a coffee maker. There was not a dish cloth, dish towel, dish soap or anything for the coffee maker. This wasn't a big deal as we didn't go on vacation to cook anyway. We now know that we need to bring those things if we want them.

The suite was definitely worth the extra pesos as it is very spacious. The King size bed was nice but as usual with Mexican beds, the mattress is very hard. There is air conditioners in the room but we found the ceiling fans managed to keep our room cool enough.

The water pressure is definitely not strong but it works. I found the hot water improved later in the morning for my shower. It was great, we would go up to the roof, have our complimentary breakfast, visit with our new friends and other gusts of the hotel, go sit in the sun until I was done, then jump in the shower before our day of Enjoying PV.

The elevator is very useful but the door starts to close as soon as it opens. Just a tip for next time... remember to hold the button until everyone is out.

I read another review that the Zumba Class in the park each morning was disturbing. Wow, talk about nit-picking. That same reviewer complained about the Mexican Show on Friday nights also in the park. Wow!!!

This property was spotlessly clean. The house staff were continuously mopping and wiping daily. Though most speak limited English, they are so friendly with a Buenos Dias or an Hola. Senora Feliz, as I named her, in particular tried to speak English as I tried to communicate in Spanish. So much fun, and very friendly.

Although I never saw one person swimming in the pool off the lobby, the area is very maintained, clean and Mexican. Although some were able to get wifi in their rooms and rooftop, we were only able to get a signal in the lobby. We got the separate password for the room but could not connect. Again, we are on vacation. Not a big deal.

We tipped the house keeper 20 pesos a day. There is an envelope on the kitchen counter for Propinas.

The hotel supplies one small bottle of water. Anymore water you want can be purchased at the front desk but we just went to the OXXO store around the corner.

This is a great basic, simple, clean Mexican Hotel in a superb location. I recommend it to anyone who wants to experience Puerto Vallarta outside the confines of a fancy resort. It may not be for everyone but it exactly what we were looking for.

We will be back!!!

Room Tip: We were on the back side, could hear dogs barking and traffic noise. Would like to try front next ti...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Canucker62
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I recently spent two weeks at this hotel while doing some volunteer work in PV.
Dora the front desk receptionist was always very pleasant and helpful. Room was clean and reasonably quiet given the discos nearby that stay open till the wee hours.
I would definitely stay there again and probably will book for next year soon. The Page in the Sun next door was a great place to get morning coffee as they open every day at 730 am.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo