“the perfect spot”
Review of Casa Corazon

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Vallarta
Casa Corazon
Ranked #89 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Denver
“the perfect spot”
Reviewed May 21, 2006

I decided to write a quick review as I'm looking at booking my 3rd visit to Casa Corazon for Oct 2006. I've read many of the other reviews and concur that this is a jewel in PV. Where else can you find such accomodations and wonderful staff for the cost!- Yet it has gone up over recent stays- I love the quiet mornings, the wonderful breakfast and the great people who stay there.

Oscar and staff there do everything possible to make your stay enjoyable, and not like the "cookie-cutter" hotels of the Marina area. The Beach Cafe, owned by the son, Tony is a great place to just hang out during the day, and great music as well. The food is very good, and the wait staff some of the best I've ever had. Again, more accomodating than most.

It's not the Ritz, it's not the Sheraton - but who want's or needs that! We are here for the tranquility and the romance of the "real" Vallarta..Thank you Casa Corazon for providing that.... I'll see you in Oct!

Stayed October 2005
1 Thank cookie4udenver

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed May 10, 2006

I stayed with some friends at the Casa Corazon and just got back yesterday. I have to say that it was such a relaxing and comfortable experience while still being authentic to Mexico. Our room had no television, phone or air conditioning and none of them were missed. The architecture of the room is such that air conditioning is not needed, the breeze and ceiling fan take care of it all. The breakfast was wonderful every morning and the Beach Cafe had such friendly waitstaff and perfect places to "plant" yourself on the beach every day. The hotel is located in such a way that you are away from the business of the central district yet just a few blocks away from anything you may need including great restaurants, shops, coffee houses and internet cafe's. Also, there were so many places to exchange money in the area. The view at Casa Corazon is spectacular and the sound of the waves put me to sleep every night. Everyone there was so incredibly friendly and helpful... I would absolutely reccommend this "quaint inn on the beach" over any of the other hotels I experienced.

Muchos Gracias to the staff at the Casa Corazon!

• Stayed May 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Oakland, California
Reviewed April 1, 2006

I stayed at Casa Corazon for a week in March, 2006 and I thought it was a nice, mellow balance to the busyness of Puerto Vallarta. It is only about a five-minute walk to the main area of the Romantic Zone but it is on a quiet street. Yes, there is a band that plays in the outdoor lounge of the hotel next door, but they are always done playing between 10:30 and 11pm. Nearly all of the rooms have great ocean views, they serve a full breakfast every morning, and the staff was very accommodating. But, a word of advice to light sleepers - if you stay in rooms 1, 2 or 3 in the older part of the hotel the sound of the surf might keep you awake at night. I was in room #1 and couldn't sleep for the first two nights, so I moved to a room on the new side of the hotel and it was much quieter. Overall, Puerto Vallarta was a little too big and busy for me, but if I were to stay there again I would definitely return to the Casa Corazon.

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank jannlw
alaska
Reviewed January 1, 2006

We stayed at Casa Corazon over Christmas and had a great time. We were in the new part of the inn, and the room was comfortable and very clean (nice tile floors, firm bed, etc.). The screen door opened out onto our balcony overlooking the bay, where you can sit and watch the sunset over the mountains to the south of town. We were consistently surprised by the little things at Casa Corazon. For example, the towels were huge and thick -- not like the cheesy thin ones you normally get. Breakfast was great, and the staff would come around and answer any questions we had about the area. Also, the hotel is in the perfect area -- you are between the beach and the hills at the south edge of town, but also within walking distance of the shopping/drinking/dining area of the Romantic Zone.

One thing I will have to say -- this is not necessarily a place for those seeking every creature comfort 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There is no consierge (although the staff is very friendly and helpful), no TVs or phones in the room, and of course no room service. Also, to reach the hotel, you have to hike up a fairly decent sized hill. None of this stuff bothered us at all (in fact it was what we were seeking), but if you are looking for full-service luxury, stay in Nuevo Vallarta instead.

All in all, a GREAT stay at Casa Corazon -- we will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2005
8 Thank AK_jimbo
denver
Reviewed June 27, 2005

This was such a wonderful place to stay while getting to know Puerto Vallarta. My husband and I joined two other couples for a most magical time at Casa Corazon.

The owners accomodated the three couples by giving us 3 rooms on the top tier right next to each other. We had one large private balcony for the 6 of us and spent most waking moments on that balcony.

We found all the other positive reviews to be absolutely accurate, this place was quaint, charming, authentic, and welcoming. It was a short walk to downtown and the beach, and it was just outside of the most beautiful part of the city--the southside.

From our balcony the view of the ocean was spectacular--sunsets were amazing. We also had some lively and fun places nearby that provided just the right music to get the evening started.

The breakfasts were to die for--what a way to start your day on the balcony drinking Mexican coffee and eating delicious fruit, french toast, chilequiles, and more. Thanks to the cooks!
There were many wonderful restaurants in town, but one of our favorites was Los Pibes, an argentenian upscale place that was truly mesmerizing. The food, atmosphere, music, mexican coffee on fire--it was all wonderful.

I could go on and on, but I did find one downside to the Casa--the beds are extremely hard. My husband and I used all the blankets to sleep ON instead of UNDER and that helped, but you may want to bring a foam mattress-top if hard beds are not your forte.

I can't imagine staying anywhere else and will absolutely stay here again when I return. Thanks to all the staff for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed March 2005
6 Thank deeeeeelight
Reviewed April 21, 2005

We stayed at Casa Corazon for eleven nights. Before booking, one should remember it is not a luxury hotel. We have stayed at many different kinds of places around the world, and we were pleasantly surprised. For a buget inn, it was very clean and comfortable. We stayed in the old part: room #2 to be exact and it is very quiet and quaint - with a fantastic view. The staff are very nice. The owners are friendly and informative. It is steps away from the beach and minutes from the action of downtown. The only 'be aware' is the steps to the beach. There are a fair amount of stairs. They are steep and/or winding! Easy to take a tumble if you are not paying attention! As I did and am paying for now! Still, we would stay there again! On a side note, if you are looking for a great meal at a reasonable price, try La Fonda at Basilio Badillo #318. The food is fantastic and the owners and staff are friendly! It is a little off the tourist beat which makes it even better!

• Stayed April 2005
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 21, 2005

On our third trip to PV (each time getting more adventerous) we stayed at the Casa Corazon, and it was are best experience yet. We were there for a week in the middle of January 2005, and wished we could have stayed for months.

The location of this family run B&B was perfect for us: Great view of the ocean, a short walk down a garden path to the beach, a pleasant walk to shopping and restaurants in old town, and just far enough removed to be quiet and relaxing.

On our first morning, while eating a delicious breakfast on the upper patio we spotted whales. What a way to get started.

We stayed in their new addition and loved it. The rooms were very clean and bright. The owners and staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. But our favorite part of our stay? The other guests. Having stayed in a resort on a previous trip, it was so refreshing to walk in the gate and be greated warmly by the other guests. Those Winnipeg snow birds were our kind of people. Seattle and SanFrancisco guests were great too.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member