“A Nice Mellow Place”
Review of Casa Corazon

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Vallarta
Casa Corazon
Ranked #89 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Oakland, California
“A Nice Mellow Place”
Reviewed April 1, 2006

I stayed at Casa Corazon for a week in March, 2006 and I thought it was a nice, mellow balance to the busyness of Puerto Vallarta. It is only about a five-minute walk to the main area of the Romantic Zone but it is on a quiet street. Yes, there is a band that plays in the outdoor lounge of the hotel next door, but they are always done playing between 10:30 and 11pm. Nearly all of the rooms have great ocean views, they serve a full breakfast every morning, and the staff was very accommodating. But, a word of advice to light sleepers - if you stay in rooms 1, 2 or 3 in the older part of the hotel the sound of the surf might keep you awake at night. I was in room #1 and couldn't sleep for the first two nights, so I moved to a room on the new side of the hotel and it was much quieter. Overall, Puerto Vallarta was a little too big and busy for me, but if I were to stay there again I would definitely return to the Casa Corazon.

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank jannlw

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
alaska
Reviewed January 1, 2006

We stayed at Casa Corazon over Christmas and had a great time. We were in the new part of the inn, and the room was comfortable and very clean (nice tile floors, firm bed, etc.). The screen door opened out onto our balcony overlooking the bay, where you can sit and watch the sunset over the mountains to the south of town. We were consistently surprised by the little things at Casa Corazon. For example, the towels were huge and thick -- not like the cheesy thin ones you normally get. Breakfast was great, and the staff would come around and answer any questions we had about the area. Also, the hotel is in the perfect area -- you are between the beach and the hills at the south edge of town, but also within walking distance of the shopping/drinking/dining area of the Romantic Zone.

One thing I will have to say -- this is not necessarily a place for those seeking every creature comfort 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There is no consierge (although the staff is very friendly and helpful), no TVs or phones in the room, and of course no room service. Also, to reach the hotel, you have to hike up a fairly decent sized hill. None of this stuff bothered us at all (in fact it was what we were seeking), but if you are looking for full-service luxury, stay in Nuevo Vallarta instead.

All in all, a GREAT stay at Casa Corazon -- we will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2005
8 Thank AK_jimbo
denver
Reviewed June 27, 2005

This was such a wonderful place to stay while getting to know Puerto Vallarta. My husband and I joined two other couples for a most magical time at Casa Corazon.

The owners accomodated the three couples by giving us 3 rooms on the top tier right next to each other. We had one large private balcony for the 6 of us and spent most waking moments on that balcony.

We found all the other positive reviews to be absolutely accurate, this place was quaint, charming, authentic, and welcoming. It was a short walk to downtown and the beach, and it was just outside of the most beautiful part of the city--the southside.

From our balcony the view of the ocean was spectacular--sunsets were amazing. We also had some lively and fun places nearby that provided just the right music to get the evening started.

The breakfasts were to die for--what a way to start your day on the balcony drinking Mexican coffee and eating delicious fruit, french toast, chilequiles, and more. Thanks to the cooks!
There were many wonderful restaurants in town, but one of our favorites was Los Pibes, an argentenian upscale place that was truly mesmerizing. The food, atmosphere, music, mexican coffee on fire--it was all wonderful.

I could go on and on, but I did find one downside to the Casa--the beds are extremely hard. My husband and I used all the blankets to sleep ON instead of UNDER and that helped, but you may want to bring a foam mattress-top if hard beds are not your forte.

I can't imagine staying anywhere else and will absolutely stay here again when I return. Thanks to all the staff for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed March 2005
6 Thank deeeeeelight
Reviewed April 21, 2005

We stayed at Casa Corazon for eleven nights. Before booking, one should remember it is not a luxury hotel. We have stayed at many different kinds of places around the world, and we were pleasantly surprised. For a buget inn, it was very clean and comfortable. We stayed in the old part: room #2 to be exact and it is very quiet and quaint - with a fantastic view. The staff are very nice. The owners are friendly and informative. It is steps away from the beach and minutes from the action of downtown. The only 'be aware' is the steps to the beach. There are a fair amount of stairs. They are steep and/or winding! Easy to take a tumble if you are not paying attention! As I did and am paying for now! Still, we would stay there again! On a side note, if you are looking for a great meal at a reasonable price, try La Fonda at Basilio Badillo #318. The food is fantastic and the owners and staff are friendly! It is a little off the tourist beat which makes it even better!

• Stayed April 2005
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 21, 2005

On our third trip to PV (each time getting more adventerous) we stayed at the Casa Corazon, and it was are best experience yet. We were there for a week in the middle of January 2005, and wished we could have stayed for months.

The location of this family run B&B was perfect for us: Great view of the ocean, a short walk down a garden path to the beach, a pleasant walk to shopping and restaurants in old town, and just far enough removed to be quiet and relaxing.

On our first morning, while eating a delicious breakfast on the upper patio we spotted whales. What a way to get started.

We stayed in their new addition and loved it. The rooms were very clean and bright. The owners and staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. But our favorite part of our stay? The other guests. Having stayed in a resort on a previous trip, it was so refreshing to walk in the gate and be greated warmly by the other guests. Those Winnipeg snow birds were our kind of people. Seattle and SanFrancisco guests were great too.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Whittier, CA
Reviewed October 26, 2004

Just got back from a 6 night vacation at Casa Corazon. I had very nice stay there. The room and bathroom were very clean with a great view of the bay. Cleaner than most budget motels I have stayed in (thank you Aurora). I did not meet the owners but I thought the managers who are related to the owners, were very friendly and helpful with useful tips on local activities (hi Carmen and Ernie). The location is perfect. Right across a small street from the beach, close to restaurants and drinking establishments south of the Rio Cuale. The hotel to the south had occasional entertainment nights (ending by 11:30 pm). The music might be loud for some but I enjoyed it. The drag shows at the rooftop bar at the hotel on the right were amusing but not vulgar or too loud (as seen through a lighted screen). Pool privileges were available at some hotels as long as drinks were purchased. Be prepared for mosquitos, no A/C and I kept the windows open. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2004
3 Thank jsandoval562
Reviewed October 21, 2004

We went to Puerto Vallarta Winter 2003. We stayed at Casa Corazon for 6 nights. The room was not clean, dark and the bathroom was dark and unpleasant. They need to get some new sheets and bedding and more lights. The breakfast was good. The owners were not very friendly. It did not feel like a bed and breakfast. The hotel is quiet itself, but you can hear everything your neighbor is talking about and when they smoked we were smelling smoke all the time. It seem like everyone was smoking. This hotel experience convinced us to spend a bit more for better service.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member