“Great Deal, Amazing location, Friendly staff”

Hotel Rio Malecon Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #38 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed August 3, 2014

,I liked how close this hotel is to the ocean (1 block), the river, the old district, and the malecon. It was perfectly positioned for enjoying the center of Puerto Vallarta. Our room was comfortable, clean, aesthetic, and the ac worked well. We enjoyed having a restaurant in the hotel and I loved having a margarita by the pool each afternoon for an excellent happy hour price. The front desk staff were gracious and friendly; my husband and son ate dinner one night sitting at the bar and watching football and we all (4 of us) ate breakfast once at the hotel and it was quite good, though the portions were small. This isn't a luxury hotel but for a basic hotel, I found it charming, gracious, very comfortable and the price was excellent.

Room Tip: The hotel is right on the road--busy and noisy. However, the windows must be doublepained because t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Julesann0306
zvictor, Gerente at Hotel Rio Malecon Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Allow me to express our sincere thanks for sharing with us your generous comments about our services, there's nothing like knowing that our guests had a wonderful and memorable stay during their visit. Thanks again for your feedback and we will be honored to welcome you back to Hotel Rio Malecon pretty soon. Cordially yours, Guadalupe M. Ramírez.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We were very pleased with our stay at hotel rio malecon. From arriving at the hotel and leaving we received very accommodating and helpful staff. We had originally booked 2 nights in the standard room but were upgraded to the superior room that was simple but very clean, with air conditioning, free wifi and perfect for the two of us. Saul the concierge was very helpful with helping us book buses and other information that we requested which made our stay much easier. The hotel is very close to the malecon (boardwalk) and walking distance to many shops and restaurants. The hotels cafe/restaurant is also very good. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone interested in staying near the centro of Puerto Vallarta.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear visitor, we are very pleased to know that you were enjoyed your vacation, and we are happy to hear that our staff made sure that everything was as you had planned. May i take this opportunity to inform you that, our goal is provide to all our guest an excellent and quality service and comments like yours tell us that we are on track. Thank you and we will be honored to welcome you back to Hotel Rio Malecon and will be waiting for your next visit. Sincerely yours, Guadalupe M. Ramírez.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I was super stoked to stay here because it had awesome reviews. But it didn't end up being that great. It was clean (except for numerous dead bugs in the bathroom), and had air conditioning which was really nice. Maids were friendly, and the pool & lounge area outside was pleasant. Location of hotel was also great.
The men working at the front desk were kind of rude. The wifi only worked in one small area of the room. No late checkout. More expensive than I was hoping.
It's a good hotel. But not super great.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We went to puerto Vallarta on a family vacation and we can honestly say that this hotel and the staff is amazing. Made all of us feel at home and they where "ALL" so welcoming. We would like to say especially thank u Ulyses, he was very friendly and very nice at the front. Also to all the entire staff, EVERYONE I mean EVERYONE was so friendly. If anyone is looking for a friendly, welcoming, home feel place we would definetly recommend "Hotel Rio Malecon" rooms are nice and most importantly all the staff was great . Oh and did I mention the food is amazing as well :) kuddos to the amazing chef
* can't wait to come back :))

- Familia Hernandez (victorio hernandez and family)

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Hernandez Family; Allow me to express our sincere thanks for sharing with us your generous comments about our services, there's nothing like knowing that our guests had a wonderful and memorable stay during their visit.
Thanks again for your feedback and we will be an honor to welcome you back to Hotel Rio Malecon.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I just don't have enough words to describe the over the top service received by all the staff at Rio Malecon. I recently stayed here with my children and it was just the best place I could have stayed at, it is very close to the ocean, transportation, food and to all kinds of shopping and tourist areas. The room was comfortable and very clean. Late Check out was also available, always a plus when traveling with children. I recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Juana L
zvictor, Gerente at Hotel Rio Malecon Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear visitor,

Allow me to express my sincere thanks for sharing with us your generous comments about our services and facilities. There's nothing like knowing that our guests had a wonderful and memorable stay. Thanks for your feedback and we will be an honor to welcome you back to Hotel Rio Malecon.

Sincerely yours,
Guadalupe M. Ramírez

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I will start by saying that I am not the type to leave reviews of any of the places (Hotels/Places) that we visit yearly...that is just the way I roll! Having said that I will have to make an exception on this wonderful, comfortable and well centralized hotel. You can literally walk everywhere and see everything in Old Town and beyond from this location with ease. The bus stop is one block or two depending on the direction that you are going but you don't need to take one unless you are going far.

We have visited P.V about fourteen times since last July and I think we have stayed at Hotel Rio about ten times. Keep in mind that we have also stayed at other hotels within the same visit and have ended up back at Hotel Rio. Why? Because the rooms are very comfortable and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. We normally stay in room 108 which is one of the upgraded rooms with the king size bed and kitchenette. This is the place where I sleep the best comparing it to other hotels that I have stayed at in Puerto Vallarta.

Ok, we now move to the Coexist cafe. I don't think that we have had one meal that has not satisfied us. The food is excellent in this well modern decorated restaurant with a great atmosphere while you are enjoying your cocktails and meals with air conditioning watching extreme sports videos on a nice LCD TV.

I'd like to add that Hotel Rio is a lot better than many hotels costing more per night, even surpassing many hotels here in the U.S.

This review has been long due and I will close stating that this is a well balanced hotel that provides comfortable rooms, great service and good value for your money.

I'd like to thank the entire staff of Hotel Rio and Coexist Cafe for their kindness and great service particularly Ulyses.

Here are some of the other names: Saul, Andres, Rigo, Nacho, Bengi, Aldo, Navi, Rosita, Ricardo and everyone else that I am not mentioning.

Rafi Amelio

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FadedDeception
zvictor, Director General at Hotel Rio Malecon Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Rafi,

Reviews like yours are the reason why we love our work and keep our team spirit high at the HotelRIo/Coexistcafe.
I can not thank you enough for your wonderful review, I just shared it at the staff meeting and there were many watery eyes. thank you very much for sharing your experience it means all to US.
We look forward to welcoming you again.

Sincerely Yours,
Victor Zamorano

Reviewed May 30, 2014

It was a very good experience staying at Rio Malecon. The location is excelent, walking distance from almost anything in the center and also a couple of blocks from where you take the buses to anywhere south of Puerto Vallarta of up north to Riviera Nayarit. The staff was good and helpful and the bedroom very confortable. I definetely recommend. But don't forget to tip the maid because we ended up with no shampoo reposition. :P

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple