Hotel Rio Malecon Puerto Vallarta
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Porto Allegro(Puerto Vallarta)
View Hotel
Suites Plaza Del Rio(Puerto Vallarta)
Encino Hotel(Puerto Vallarta)
Hotel Belmar(Puerto Vallarta)
View Hotel
Estancia San Carlos(Puerto Vallarta)
Hotel Hortencia(Puerto Vallarta)
View Hotel
Los Cuatro Vientos Hotel(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Restaurant
Hostal Vallarta Suites(Puerto Vallarta)
Lina Hotel(Puerto Vallarta)
View Hotel
All reviewscoexist cafeco existrestaurant downstairsstreet noiseno elevatorsmall poolexcellent locationromantic zonerooms are cleanqueen bedfront desk staffconvenient locationsuperior roombudget hotelthe air conditioningrestaurants and shopshard beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Good place to hang out in Vallarta. Just a few meters from the malecon. The hotel has a lovelly courtyard, but the rooms are very basic.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
zvictor, Gerente at Hotel Rio Malecon Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Hola HdGowner, Thank you for your review.

The hotel is being constantly updated in order to accomodate the changing needs of our guests.

In 2011 all of the double rooms were renewed and now feature more comfortable beds with new mattresses, new decoration, better lighting, LED flat TVs, more spacious bathrooms, hair dryers, and new china and microwaves in the rooms with kitchenette... You can see pictures in our profile!

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 1, 2012

This hotel is located right at the Malecon in the centre of town, only a block from the Rio Cuale. The staff was friendly and helpful. The basic room are showing their age, but are kept very clean and tidy. The hotel is located on a very busy street and if you are used to complete silence when you sleep it may be wise to bring along earplugs, or ask for a room away from the main street. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean and conveniently located budget hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ShawnCornell
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed one week there. We had a kitchen to cook. Very clean and linen changed daily.
Altough situated in a noisy area, windows were good enough to shut out all the noises. Kitchenette does not have enough itmes but you can ask for more from the staff. Better to make the reservation directly using the hotel web-site.

Room Tip: We liked the room no:123.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jaywithanage
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Victor and staff did a great job at making me feel welcome during my 16 day stay at the Hotel Rio. The room was very clean, and the fine hotel cleaning staff kept it looking great day after day. Everybody always offered a smile as I was coming and going, and made sure that I always had everything that I needed.

The restaurant menu was available in English, and provided plenty of variety at a reasonable price.

I own an 1800 square foot beach condo in Nuevo Vallarta, but could not stay there as it was leased for five months. So I searched the internet for a place to stay while I was in Vallarta renewing my FM3 status. Taking a chance on Hotel Rio, I prepaid for only one day. It was an easy decision to extend my stay for another two weeks.

Hotel Rio's location is great; you need only to cross the street to be on the Malecon ...the walkway next to the beach. There are plenty of English speakers to give you directions and answer your questions.

Even when I am staying in my own place in Nuevo (www.NittaCondo.com), when my wife and I want to spend a night or two in downtown Puerto Vallarta, I'll stay overnight at the Hotel Rio.

RichBrott.com

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank NittaCondo
zvictor, Propietario at Hotel Rio Malecon Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Thank you very much for your review NittaCondo, we're happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Rio Malecon and that you're planning to come back in the future. Our goal is to provide our guests with all the necesary tools to spend a perfect vacation and to put a smile upon their faces every single day!

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Just returned from a week stay at the Rio. The room was clean and comfortable. The a/c worked great and the bed was fine. The staff was friendly. Great location very close to the Malecon, Central PV and Zona Romantica. Never used the pool because it is in an interior courtyard and gets little sun - It's surrounded by tables from the restaraunt Co-Exist. There is noise from the street, but the balcony door seemed to keep it to a minimum. Overall, very pleased with our stay and would recommend it to others. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple