“I love the Belmar....”
Review of Hotel Belmar

Hotel Belmar
Ranked #58 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed January 14, 2010

This was my second stay at the Belmar with my nine year old son, and my partner. I was delighted with the service and staff as usual. They were friendly, helpful and reassuringly casual. The Hotel itself has had a makeover since my last visit, and is a gallery of wonderful art on every floor.
The room was as I remembered; clean, bright and basic, with the additional convenience of a refrigerator, and a lovely view from the balcony...
We will always stay at the Belmar when in PV.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank leslie_sarava

Reviewed January 14, 2010

The hotel is quiet, but in the center of old town, buzzing with life. I enjoyed the artwork on all the walls and the service was great. They have wifi and a computer in the lobby for use. Coffe and cookies are available all day. I didn't want to leave! The beds....I was forwarned...Mexican beds are what they are...hard. I had two rooms, the second was on the 3rd floor and had microwave, fridge, dishes...I think most rooms have fridge. there is no elevator but it is worth the effort1

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank lolo101
Reviewed November 10, 2009

Greatest price/value hotel I've stayed. For less than 30 USD I got a room with a bathroom. It even included towels. It's a great clean place if you want to stay in PV and walk around. The beach is 15 min walking. Close to everything, including nightlife. The friendly staff can help you with the buses, great places, and to enjoy the town. I've you have some disability, please look somewhere else. Not wheelchair accessible. No elevator. Tip: choose an interior room, as the street in front of this hotel is quiet nosy from early in the morning.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank phil_websurfer
Reviewed August 6, 2009

We are budget travelors. We don't need much. Good price. Clean. Safe. This met all of our expectations and more. Great location. It was a pleasure staying here.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank AJ999999
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I made reservations at the Hotel Belmar because I had stayed there before and it was ok. Many hotels in PV have huge discounted rates since the "Flu scare". I called for the rates and was told that every third night was free (33 1/3 discount for three days) and was quoted a 350 pesos rate w/o AC (that is another 60 pesos). I checked in and paid for 2 nights plus 180 pesos more for AC. OK. The AC went out during the first night. The front desk people were very noisy. - laughing, joking, etc., Repairs going on began at 8 am, hammering etc. and so on. Total disregard for the customers in the hotel. On the third day I went to pay for another 3 day stay. They would not give me the third night free so I told them that was not what I was told when I called for reservations. I said would check out and go to another hotel that offered 50% discounts, that were better and cheaper. They gave me the third night. This used to be a good place to stay.

Do your homework; there are better cheaper places in PV.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank PatzMorelia
Reviewed May 30, 2009

Stayed here for 10 days in February. Great location, walk to everything in Old Town - restaurants, bars, taco stands, the beach. Rooms are very clean. Hotel is artsy and hip in a non-pretentious way. Staff was helpful and courteous. What a steal in Puerto Vallarta! Loved it! See photos and a more thorough review at http://blog.cultofthecougar.com/2009/02/12/puerto-vallarta.aspx

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank queencoug
Reviewed February 28, 2009

This room turned out to be great. We came in late at night, with a baby, and don't speak much spanish. So, keep in mind: no elevator, no english, and not in any sort of "touristy" neighborhood. They were very kind and we got exactly what we were looking for: not an american chain hotel. It is on the corner of 2 busy bus lines. Mexican busses are big gear-jamming trucks. This didn't bother us, but might if you have sleep issues. I would only recommend this hotel to our traveller friends, not our tourist friends...

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
#70 of 121 in Puerto Vallarta
Hotel Casa Iguana
Hotel Casa Iguana
#1 of 1 in Mismaloya

Been to Hotel Belmar? Share your experiences!