“Awesome Location with Budget Prices”
Review of Hotel Belmar

Hotel Belmar
Ranked #57 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
United States
“Awesome Location with Budget Prices”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here over the Labor day weekend. The room was a bit small, but very clean and adequate for our vacation. We wanted a central location where we can walk everywhere and get access to the local bus (the bus stop is practically in front of the hotel) which is exactly what we got.

A few important tips:
1). you NEED to have air conditioning. It's worth the money especially with the humid weather.
2). There is no elevator. If you want a room with a view, expect to walk up and down over 4 flights of stairs. (We had a great work out everyday LOL)

The staff was friendly, but Oscar was beyond wonderful and gave us great recommendations for food and activities. All in all, we had a great time and are looking forward to coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Trav3lLover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
alaska
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very clean rooms, nice showers, good water pressure, hot water, internet was strong, staff was friendly and helpful. Decorated nicely. Filtered water to drink is free in hallways. Parking on the street was safe. Air conditioning. Balconies with good views. Great location, about 4 blocks from the beach. Nice area, cobbled streets. No elevator in hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank smurfette27
PRINCE GEORGE
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Thank you to Oscar and Lorena for making our stay so wonderful and comfortable. Also, thank you to all the staff for keeping the hotel so clean and welcoming. We will return the location is excellent and so is the hospitality.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shelley B
Grenoble, France
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The hotel is very good, clean and original. The rooms are decorated with modern art and colorful walls. It is quite close by walk to the public beach where you find lots of restaurants and activities. The beds are confortable and there is also cable tv. The hotel offers complimentary drinkable water and breakfast. However breakfast is only cookies and coffee and ends early. Make sure your reservation includes air conditioning; otherwise you will get an extra charge of 60 pesos per night.
I really enjoyed my stay. I will suggest getting a room with a street view (even though buses can run very early) and above the 3rd floor for the view.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ANA L
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Hotel Belmar is a great choice if you want to be in the center of all the action. The maids are wonderful and always leave plenty of towels and soap. The rooms are literally spotless. Our balcony faced north and we had a great view. We were on the fourth floor and the walk up and down was tiring but nothing I would complain about. The street noise was not bad at all if you close your windows, although we kept ours open for a nice breeze and I got plenty of sleep. The beds were hard but not uncomfortable. The wifi worked great for us. There is fresh water in the hallways and they supply you with a pitcher and cups. The front desk people were helpful and between my small amount of spanish skills and their english skills the communication was fine. The area is my favorite in Puerto Vallarta because it is so authentic. The hotel is a short walk from the beach. It is also close to the buses that take you to other beaches north and south of Puerto Vallarta. We spent many days at Playa las Gemelas, one day at Mismaloya, and one day at Playa Conchas Chinas. All of the beaches were gorgeous, but Playa las Gemelas was the best for swimming. There are endless food choices nearby, as well as drinks. Dollar margaritas are all over on the beach down the street along with lots of great food. There are taco carts nearby the hotel that we hit up nearly every night because you just can't get tacos like that in the US so we took full advantage! Also oxxo's are everywhere nearby if you need anything. We loved this hotel and the location was amazing you can literally walk all around the best areas of the city from here. It is not a large resort with all of the amenities, but if you really want to experience Mexico and the wonderful people and culture that make it great than this is for you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank meaganandmike
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I spend four nights at the Belmar and was pleasantly surprised. It's centrally located in Old Town with restaurants, bars, and shopping right outside the door - the beach is just a few blocks away.

I had an interior room on the fourth floor - the room was pretty small but I was only sleeping there and didn't need a lot of space. There was a TV that showed mostly Spanish programming but did have a few in English, plenty of hot water in the shower, and the the ceiling fan provided good air circulation and on the highest setting, could probably peal the paint off the walls. The mattress was firm and the pillows were a little lumpy but comfortable enough for a good night sleep.

Even though the hotel is on a busy street noise was never an issue. I'm sure the exterior rooms get more noise but I had no trouble sleeping in until 11am every day and the ceiling fan helps to drown out any noise

There was also a small room safe that was barely large enough to accompany my iPad and camera. The hotel also offers wifi with a strong signal and fast connection.

I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Sean C
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed April 6, 2013

In the heart of romantic zone of Puerto Vallarta. Lovely, warm front desk staff who speak English and are extremely helpful. Oscar learned my name and never failed to say "Hello, Mister Steven" whenever I passed by.
One thing that may interest people is that overnight guests incur a fee of 100 pesos. I was happy to pay this as the rate was so cheap. I had an inside room with a window on the courtyard, so my room was quiet, despite some chitchat at the front desk in the morning. I loved the fresh, pure water accessible right outside my room. Also, there was always hot water and an excellent reliable internet connection.
I used to stay at Posada de Roger, but Belmar is my new favourite and 200 pesos a night cheaper.

Room Tip: I had an inside room, and I enjoyed it, but I don't know what the outside rooms are like...