Hotel Belmar
$299
$181
$139
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
$257
  • Beachfront
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$370
$286
  • Breakfast included
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$449
$152
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$159
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsno elevatorstreet noiseinterior roomtop floorgreat budget hotelwater coolerceiling fanrooms are smalla lower floor roomhappily stay here againclean hotelflights of stairsper nightstay there againbring earplugsreception areawi fi
Reviewed April 6, 2013

In the heart of romantic zone of Puerto Vallarta. Lovely, warm front desk staff who speak English and are extremely helpful. Oscar learned my name and never failed to say "Hello, Mister Steven" whenever I passed by.
One thing that may interest people is that overnight guests incur a fee of 100 pesos. I was happy to pay this as the rate was so cheap. I had an inside room with a window on the courtyard, so my room was quiet, despite some chitchat at the front desk in the morning. I loved the fresh, pure water accessible right outside my room. Also, there was always hot water and an excellent reliable internet connection.
I used to stay at Posada de Roger, but Belmar is my new favourite and 200 pesos a night cheaper.

Room Tip: I had an inside room, and I enjoyed it, but I don't know what the outside rooms are like...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Steven H
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The Belmar is close to many things in the old town of Puerto Vallarta. Walking one way takes you to a bridge across a river and to an outdoor market. The other way takes you into the old town. The beach is an easy walk and you are near shops, pharmacy, restaurants, bars and Taco stands on the streets.
The hotel is clean and the staff are great. Lorena and Itzel are good with speaking english. Lorena was at the desk. She's very pleasant to talk to.

Room Tip: It is a very noisy corner so if you want it a little quieter try to get an inside room. The beds are hard. There is plenty of hot water in the showers.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Lee182
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I have been in Vallarta over 30 times in 30 years...I have stayed in many different places...many located on the beach...others with water views and once before we also stayed in a downtown hotel. We have been in hotels, condos, we used to own a studio apartment in Girasol, at Playas Gemelas...we did for ten years...we sold it because we were not using it enough...I think I know Vallarta and I know what I like about it and what to expect...Hotel Belmar is simple, the pictures on website and trip advisor show it well...no swiming pool, no elevator, no phone in the room, balconies facing a busy Vallarta street, but that is what I want...the beach is only 4 blocks away, Isla Cuale within one block, you can walk to zona Romantica or to the Malecon...the location is great...a bit noicy but close to many things Vallarta has to offer....if you are looking for afrdable, clean place with hot watter in a good location Belmar is the place...the staff is profesional, and thoughtful...the hotel offers free internet, and free coffee in the mornng, if you are staying for more than 2 weeks you might consider asking for a room with a kitchenette...we were there for tree weeks...we are planning to be back next year for four weeks...the price is right for all you get....

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Boston2009_9
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the Hotel Belmar the last five times I've visited Puerto Vallarta. It is my favorite hotel. The staff is always friendly and accomodating. The rooms are immaculately clean. Bottled water is provided on every floor. Free wifi, as well as a computer in the lobby.

The hotel is located on a busy street. You can always request an interior room or one off the main street. The windows are now sealed, which blocks out most of the street noise.

Centrally located and just minutes from the Malecón and all the fabulous art galleries and restaurants.

I've always found it to be a great value. I feel like I am home at the Belmar.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank cdavetype
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed here for a couple weeks over the holidays and were quite happy with the stay. For starters, it's super clean and you can't beat the price.

The inexpensive interior rooms were tiny but relatively well-equipped (TV, soap; no shampoo or hair dryer) and there was a great wifi connection. The only real rub we experienced is that our bathroom door was one of those slotted wood contraptions rather than a solid door, and there was no way to close your bathroom window to the interior of the building, so your noises weren't exactly private. We thought it was hilarious but I probably wouldn't recommend the lowest priced rooms to those couples traveling together for the first time.

On the afternoon of Christmas Eve, we stumbled back into the lobby to find the hotel's owner sharing a nice holiday punch with some guests and the hotel staff. We had a couple drinks and she gave us the rundown of how Jaliscienses spend the holidays. We saw her around town a couple times after that; she was always incredibly friendly and invested in making our experience a positive one.

Aside from the price and the great attitude, the biggest plus for this place is the the location, which is incredibly convenient. You're a short walk to the beach or pretty much anywhere in the Zona Romantica or Centro. There's a great shawarma/falafel place just outside the front door, a bus stop a few steps away, and an Oxxo and a Farmacia Guadalajara within a couple blocks for all of your health and grocery needs.

At the end of the day, this place isn't the Four Seasons, but if you're looking for a good value in a great location, I'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple