“dangerous, noisy and uncomfortable”
Review of Hotel Frankfurt

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Vallarta
Hotel Frankfurt
Ranked #88 of 122 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
A TripAdvisor Member
vancouver, canada
Reviewed May 19, 2006

Just returned for a week long trip to Puerto Vallarta, where we stayed a few nights at the Hotel Frankfurt. The location was good with easy access to the beach and the mostly non-English speaking staff were freindly and helpful, However!! on the third night I sustained a fracture to my hand when it was caught in the dangerously low ceiling fan which was stuck on high rotation and placed about only seven feet from the ground, fortunately the Hospital was only a block and a half away but on filing an insurance claim they requested a report from the Hotel, describing the nature of the incident. I met with the owner who owns and operates a fine dining restaurant further up the road. He was completely dismissive when i informed him what had happened and refused to fill out the necessary report. When I spoke to the desk person back at the Hotel he told me that i was the third person to sustain this type of injury, and that the place was really falling apart. Definitely a poor overall impression of the place. We were two single guys basically out on the prowl and looking for an adventure in mexico and low maintenance in terms of our need for comfort, however, we were still compelled to change rooms twice before this incident due to infestation of large ants and cockroaches, a leaking toilet and noise. The fracture to my hand has ended up costing me $200 because of the owners' neglect and lack of coeperation. My advise in staying in and around the area is that there are alot of other Hotels on the lower price scale with less problems, shop around and don't compromise in your basic needs, you are ,after all, on holiday.

• Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed May 4, 2005

Stayed one night, run away due to huge noise (actually sleep you can only between 12 and 6 a.m.) Room is small and not cute. For this price - 300 pesos you can definetely find better.
Recomend Hotel Rio

Stayed: April 2005
1  Thank osvyatch
Reviewed March 20, 2005

My fiancee' and I stayed there Mar 8-15. The rooms along the street are amazingly loud, as the diesel-powered buses that travel in packs past your window on this main street start up at around 5 AM...... No air conditioning, just a small, portable room fan that unfortunately won't quite fit in a window.....
The beds are, at largest, the equivalent to a U.S. full-size, and are Hard As Rocks!! Pack your own pillow as well, as the pillows ( no extras in house) are wafer-thin. You are allotted 1 towel per guest, appx. size 18 in. by 24 in., no extras, as the manager informed me that the maids would become upset if they found more in the room the next day..... The above description is for an efficiency, 41.00/U.S. per night. The rooms (36.00us) are the size of walk-in closets, with corregated-steel shed-like doors, no handles, just a lock on the cell door..... Parrots start screaming around 8 AM, great motivator to get up early and take your pitcher to the front desk to fill it with purified water from this bizarre reverse-osmosis machine.... If you are a fan of all described here, exercise the option to pay daily, as it got so bad for us we used the internet cafe' on the 5th day and booked at the Krystal for the last 2 nights..... Good Luck!

• Stayed: March 2005
3  Thank ChicagoTim23
Reviewed January 16, 2005

We stayed at the Hotel Frankfurt on Jan 5-9, 2005. We reserved the room online, received a prompt reply. We got a taxi from the airport, they did not know where the hotel was but I had the address on me. Cost was expensive for the taxi, $175 pesos. We later found out the bus picks up outside the airport and goes right by the hotel for 3 pesos. We returned to the airport by bus, great, no problem. Our rate for the hotel was $300 pesos/night=$27 USD/night. Hotel has a nice entry way, very jungly and nice. The birds are in a giant aviary and seem to be pretty happy. Our first room, #16 was above the corner of the front of the hotel. Absolutely the noisiest room I have ever been in. I generally don't mind noise of the street but this was almost too loud to even talk over. The shower was great, good pressure, lots of warm water. There were two double beds, pretty good size. We changed rooms the next day to room #11. This room was in the back. Smaller but much quieter. One double bed. The shower in this room had about 4 streams of water coming out. We laughed everytime we took a shower, it took about 10 minutes to get your hair rinsed and to get the soap off but it had good pressure and it was hot. The bathroom in both rooms were small and the shower sort of merged with the flooring of the rest of the bathroom. The birds were very loud as the bathroom windows opened into the courtyard. They were pretty annoying like an endless yapping little dog. We stayed in the rooms and did not stay in the bungalows so cannot speak to them. Overall, the rooms were clean enough, daily maid service, but I don't think we will stay here again unless it was in a bungalow.

• Stayed: October 2004
9  Thank cogar
Reviewed September 10, 2004

I sent this hotel a deposit of 530 peso's awhile back, but unfortunately my flight got cancelled due to low passenger count. I then phoned the owner Peter to tell him of my problem and cancellation. He told me he wouldn't be able to send me my refund, but, if I ever make it to Puerto Vallarta, to drop by, and he'd be more than happy to refund my money.
Well, now the plot thickens!! My daughter is in Puerto Vallarta as I am writing this letter(Sept. 11/04). I told her to drop by and collect the money for me and also since she was on vaction....and I did what any father would do....keep the money for yourself, and buy something nice.

So she goes to the hotel and is flatly refused by the owner, who tells her she's not getting any money back. Talk about a LOW-LIFE person. The owner is German....SHAME ON YOU. Treating my little girl like that!!!!!

Folks......GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2004
8  Thank Torontosaxman
Reviewed February 18, 2004

My son and I stayed here in April of 2003. For about $50 dollars a day, our accommodations were a mini-apartment; two bedrooms (one with two double beds and the other with two twins), a full kitchen and living room. Our room was facing the street, so the "back" bedroom was kind of noisy at night, but I happen to enjoy the nightlife in PV, so it didn't bother me. The hotel features a biergarten as well, and you can't miss the huge parrots caged in the courtyard! The staff was great, daily maid service (nothing fancy) and the hotel is two blocks from the beach, as well as across the street from Miguelitos (the restaurant in the tree) as well as other fine dining, all within walking distance. I would definitely stay there again and I highly recommend for families on a budget.

7  Thank Angela I
Reviewed October 20, 2003

We stayed here in Feb of 2003. The first room had a gas leak, so we were moved to a larger room at no extra chargeThe room was clean except the bathroom, whichwas tiny and had ants on the floor and walls, as did the kitchen. The beds were not very comfortable but I find most beds in Mexico are that way. I would possibly stay here again although we like to stay in at least 3 or 4 different hotels during our stay in p.v.

5  Thank Skunky