“Has not really changed..still much fun to walk and people watch.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Old Vallarta

Old Vallarta
Book In Advance
More Info
$55.00*
and up
Tacos After Dark: Evening Food Walking Tour in Puerto Vallarta
More attraction details
Owner description: While cobblestone streets along the Malecon add colonial charm, this area also features street vendors and craftsmen.
Florida
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Has not really changed..still much fun to walk and people watch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

We are frequent travelers to Puerta Vallerta. In the past two years this area is cleaner...safer...and has less vendors trying to get you to buy. I think the new Mexican laws on vendor selling has helped. Always a good walk when you are at any hotel in the region.

2 Thank plumlake

• Polish first
Leavenworth WA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“The ONLY Vallarta!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have been going to PV for 34 years and Old Town has still retained its original charm and color despite the huge influx of tourism. It has the beautiful pier, amazing restaurants, fun night life, and wonderful theatre and galleries. Old town is also host to two fabulous Saturday markets.

2 Thank Immayan
Oregon
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 167 helpful votes
“"Character and with Mexican Charm"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Old Town- The Romantic Zone just has so much character and Mexican Charm. Cobblestone streets, lots of amazing restaurants at all different price levels, shopping for Mexican items as well as clothing, jjewelry stores, and massage, etc. Vendors offering many great Mexican treats. Lots of great people watching as well as live bands and entertainment and even a Saturday Farmers Market in the "park." Another Co-op Saturday market is just up the street across from Coco's Kitchen. We always stay at Playa Los Arcos in Old town. The minute you walk out the front door of the hotel, everything is at your fingertips. You are like in another world! Absolutely love the character and small town feel. The mountains are breathtaking while walking down the street. The newly built pier is located right on Los Muertos Beach with many more beachside restaurants to eat at. The sunsets are to die for and make sure you see several. They are all different and are like "paintings" that you will never forget. AMAZING!

1 Thank 777Deana777
San Diego, CA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Tonalli- Really good shop for clothes and such in old PV”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

We've been going to PV every year for the last five years or so. My wife likes to shop while I prefer fishing or relaxing. One thing I find troublesome is the tendency toward low quality stuff being sold to the tourists. It seems a prevailing attitude that you are probably not coming back so, why bother to work to highly satisfy a customer?

On one of her trips into town (we were actually looking for the bus stop for Tuito) we came across a wonderful shop selling really good quality stuff at very reasonable prices.

While Tonalli Artesania & Ropa Mexicana is not in the middle of the typical "tourist" area it is definitely worth walking the extra four or five blocks to the shop. We found some really nice "guayaberas" (embroidered, cool shirts) that are made very well and do not cost a fortune. Some other shops I've been into you have to pay quite a bit to get garments that are not going to fall apart in a few wash cycles. Tonalli had a very good variety of men's and women's clothing as well as some artisan items. I ended up buying two guayaberas and my wife bought a dress or three. They were even kind enough to deliver them to our hotel since we were on our way out of town for the day (no extra charge).

The day before we ended our trip I remembered a friend was picking us up at the airport and decided to buy him a shirt as a thank you. I called Tonalli and they delivered another shirt to the hotel before we left, again at no extra charge.

The guayabera's ranged in price from $40 US to around $60 US. The same quality (if you can find it) would cost double that in other stores.

They are located at Calle Bastillo 342, Colonia Emiliano Zapata, in PV (about four blocks south of the "romantic" district). We highly recommend them.

3 Thank TLCNate
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Another must see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

If you love art then the old town is for u . If u love restaurants and bars then the old town is for u . If u Like locals then the old town is for you. I went yesterday walking around as I heard its a must see . Just over the bridge is another " boardwalk " filled with bars and restaurants, people enjoying their margaritas outside and tequila shops screaming to get u in . So I went to both to satisfy the shop owners telling them in not buying anything and they insisted on free shots of different tequilas . Sure I can't say no . I went into a local art shop which the most beautiful sculpure characters I had seen. The owner gave me a history lesson and told me they were catrinas . Amazing just beautiful . I was stuck looking at them for awhile . there are amazing sand sculpures that this man made that are amazing as well . a flee market and more . Definitely worth a night time stroll

2 Thank Smilz2011