“Little Italian Gem in Mexico!”
Review of Dante Ristorante - CLOSED

Dante Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Excellent food and excellent service. I've actually visited Italy and the food here is very similar. They've tried very hard to make it as Italian as they can. Bread and oil and vinegar was great and the main dishes are good sizes. Chicken with prosciutto was amazing! But then again anything with prosciutto is great! Was tipped off by a local for this place and was not disappointed.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Negatives: I should have known this would be a bad experience when at 7:30 during Christmas week, there was only 1 other couple in the restaurant. The waiter kept disappearing and I had to ask for water 3 separate times. The portions were small and the sauce in the gnocchi tasted awfully fishy. To top it all off, when I went to pay my bill, the waiter told me that my credit card had been declined. Although the restaurant says that they accept American Express and have an Amex bifold, they were having "issues with the bank" my family was told. When I handed the owner of the restaurant my MasterCard, again, the machine would not work. The owner of the restaurant kept saying that this was not his problem. Clearly, this restaurant had credit issues as the banks have caught on to this pathetic excuse of a restaurant. When I went back to my hotel to tell them about the experience, they said they never recommend anyone goes there anyway. Serves me right for trying to venture outside the box. ***tourists beware

Positives: walking distance from hotel, right along the marina, diverse menu

1  Thank Bryan3612002
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Carpaccio de Manzo was particularly good, especially the fresh arugula. We had a Mexican Cabernet that was surprisingly (for us) nice; from Ensenada. The wait-staff was professional and genuine. Based on our experience, we would return for the food, service and view.

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Visited Dante's two times during our recent stay in PV. As always, the food was delicious and the service was great. The bread and olive oil with garlic they serve gratis is so good. The prices have crept up a little from our previous visit two years ago but, for a special evening, it's worth the price. My favorite is the chicken Marsala and my husband gets the pasta with Italian sausage and mushrooms (sorry, can't remember the name). Their coffee and tiramisu are a lovely way to end the meal, if you have any room left!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

2 years after our first visit, the staff is still very accommodating, the food is delicious, the marina view is quite pretty. Missed Roberto this time as his birthday was the day before and apparently they celebrated.