“Not bad, not good”
Review of Unique ATV Tours

Unique ATV Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are rated by Trip Advisor as one of the top tour companies in Puerto Vallarta. We are a tour company specializing in atv, rhino, dune buggy, and atv/canopy combo tours. We are the only American owned atv company in Vallarta, and feature more tour choices than any company in Vallarta.
Los Angeles, California, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not bad, not good”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

You know, I really expected an ADVENTURE when I booked this excursion. Unfortunately we went around somewhat paved roads, and the people guiding us were lackluster. This did not blow me away, it just blew dust in my face. The "waterfall" and "jungle pool" were MAN MADE. I've had better ATV adventures. The base camp was nice. The photos were over priced.

Guelph, Canada
“Good for family bad for adventure”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

If your an experienced driver, or are looking for some off road fun! Look somewhere else! We were sup post to ride for 3.5 hours, but had to come back after 2 because we ran out of gas! When we asked to keep going the guide told us we drove the tour fast!???? I paid for 3.5 hours! I also understand tour facilities don't offer the safest equipment, however my bike had front brakes only that worked horrible! The tires are bald, on most of the bikes! When my friends bike transmission blew half way through the tour the tour guide gave me his bike which had front brakes only!!! Make sure you check the bikes before you ride! Tires, brakes, at a minimum! Anyway, there are multiple companies, if you want to see some scenery, I'm sure they would be ok. Just check the safety of your vehicle, because after a visit of there facility, there are some obvious maintenance problems! If your an experienced driver, I would look carefully else ware. It looks like everyone is offering the same tour!

Amery, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Totally Extreme!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Amazing trip into the Sierra Madre's. Our guide was the best, he spoke great english, gave us great information about the area. It was raining on our way down the mountain and still found it to be an amazing trip. Winding roads down the mountain side, saw pigs, wild turkeys, loaded down donkey and even a pet dear! Saw the Agave fields and learned about how tequila is made. Final stop at a fun resturant and had great Seafood Soup and real tequila! Must have and must do! Worth every penny. We will do it again, hopefully no rain next time :)

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Excellent tour...lots of hands on ATV time!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We did the Extreme 7 hour tour up into the Sierra Madre. We had a nice small group...4 family members and 2 guides. Our guides Deme and Enrique checked to make sure we were all comfortable driving our ATV's and then left us to enjoy ourselves. Their English was perfect. We had one guide ahead of us and one behind us all the way. The scenery along the way was awesome, the lifestyle simple, the weather perfect. It had rained the night before, so the dust was minimal. We covered about 60 miles, and would definitely recommend this tour to anyone wanting a lot of ATVing. Not recommended for people with fear of heights, as there are some very steep drop-offs along the way. The only downside was that some of the ATV's could stand a little more maintenance. Two of the ATV's had very bald tires which caused problems in areas where you needed good traction, and one of them had a very loose steering column, which made control on tight turns tough. The exhaust shield was missing on one ATV which resulted in a tender, burned leg, but overall it was awesome! A little more maintenance on their vehicles would raise this company from 'very good' to 'excellent'. I would highly recommend Unique ATV Tours and will definitely be back to do some of the other tours they offer.

Chula Vista, California
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 163 helpful votes
“Great trip but beware of driveway! My son flipped over.”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Seven members of our family booked an ATV-canopy tour through Unique ATV Tours during our cruise stop in Puerto Vallarta. You can save quite a bit of money by booking directly instead of taking a ship shore excursion, but you'll need to get your own transportation to the departure office. We took a city bus from right outside the cruise terminal and walked a couple of blocks from the bus stop in PV to the office, then reversed the process going back to the ship. This worked fine for us but some people might prefer a taxi, also readily available. If you want a taxi, go outside the gates of the terminal and you'll save a little money. When we arrived at the office they were ready for us. Unfortunately, it was a very rainy day and some of us were planning to add the zip-line to the trip. We were informed that there was only one more zip-line available that day due to the rain and had to do that first instead of at the end of the ride, which was not a problem and we appreciated that the staff arranged it so those who wanted to zip-line could do so. Unfortunately my son and his wife, riding at the back of the group, never made it out of the steep driveway. They were on a double bike and it flipped before they hit the street. We didn't know about this until we had ridden quite a way, but were assured they were OK and resting back at the office. The rest of us continued with the trip and had a good time. Some of us waited at the restaurant while some did the zip-line. The phones were our so we couldn't check on our son and daughter-in-law but were assured they were OK. We were disappointed that we had to wait around the restaurant for about a half hour after the zip-liners were finished, as one of the guides had gone somewhere and was late getting back. We were cold and wet and would have liked to have moved on much sooner. Once back on the bikes, we had an enjoyable ride through. It was very rainy, but that seemed to add to the experience as we splashed through puddles. The scenery was nice, a lot of it along the river. The tequila stop mentioned by others was at the restaurant by the zip-line, so that didn't upset us. The other stop was closed because of the weather, so the restaurant was our only stop, which was fine with us. When we got back to the office my son and his wife had already returned to the ship and I later learned that they were a bit more injured than we were led to believe, although they were fortunate because it could have been worse. BEWARE OF THE DRIVEWAY! My adult son and his wife had never ridden an ATV and were on a double bike. It somehow flipped going up the steep drive and they were thrown off. Nobody seems to know exactly why this happened. Upon returning home I contacted Unique ATV and was issued a prompt refund for their portion of the trip, but the person I spoke with on the phone was completely uninterested in my suggestion that it might be a good idea to bring the bikes to the street so riders could have a chance to get familiar with the controls on flat ground. I sent a followup e-mail suggesting the same and the only response was "Thank you." IF YOU ARE AN INEXPERIENCED RIDER OR ARE RIDING A DOUBLE BIKE, I RECOMMEND THAT YOU INSIST THEY BRING IT OUT TO THE STREET FOR YOU. I would certainly not want anyone else to have the experience my son and his wife did. Overall, however, those of us who completed the tour had a good time. The guides were friendly and we had a lot of fun despite, or perhaps because of, the inclement weather. We had no problems with our reservation (you can get a 10% discount by booking through their website in advance) and they handled our refund promptly. My only concerns were the long wait after the zip-line. and their apparent disinterest in my suggestion about taking the bike to the street.