“Excellent Food, but...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Naranjo

Casa Naranjo
Ranked #85 of 980 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The hidden secret of Vallarta´s residents...
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent Food, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Casa Naranjo at the end of April 2013 and had an excellent meal. I ordered the pork chop and my husband had the fish. Both dishes were delicious and beautifully presented. We ordered margaritas and they were very good. Our waiter, Daniel, was very attentive, but not intrusive. It was also nice we could see into the open kitchen and watch the chef at work. The dining room was nicely decorated and the bathrooms were the cleanest I've seen in PV. My hesitation on not giving this restaurant a higher rating is based on the fact it was a little warm and stuffy inside. There were ceiling fans and an air conditioner working, however, due to the heat outside, they could not keep up with cooling the room. It is was a little hard to find this place too, since it is off the beaten path in Old Vallarta. They only accept American Express and no other credit cards, so otherwise you need to bring cash. The staff went out of their way to order us a taxi when our meal was done and it was outside waiting for us. We would definitely go back, but probably on a cooler day.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank tropicalshee

Picton, Canada
“Great Food - Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

We were a party of six celebrating my daughter's birthday. This was the first visit for all but my daughter who has eaten at Naranjo on several occasions and chose this restaurant for her special occasion.

Needless to say, we were all very pleased with everything about this top class restaurant, the food, the wine, the ambience and the terrific serving staff.

In addition to the afore mentioned, the key features for my wife and I were the crisp linen table cloths and napkins. Last but not least, the food was served HOT on HOT plates, without even asking - great!

We will be back!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Robert B
“Wonderfully prepared meal with impeccable service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

What more could you ask for? Lots of nice choices on the menu, 4 of us each had something different, all of us were pleased. The pork chop really was amazing! Our server was knowledgable and attentive. Can't wait to add this to our rotation of restaurants on our yearly trip!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DarlingJH
Mill Valley, California
“Liked the place, but the neighborhood is not exactly visually enticing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

The food and wine were great and the service was excellent. The atmosphere was not special but it did feel authentic. There are plenty of fantastic restaurants with great food with better views and better surroundings.

Visited April 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“One of My Fav's In PV”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Casa Naranjo is a must in PV. This review is long overdue having dined there regularly over the past 7 years. The food is simply amazing, Lucy's Pork Chop and Lamb Chops are my favorite and I' have never been disappointed. The family run atmosphere makes dining at Casa Naranjo all the more special. Truly a gem of restaurants in Vallarta.

2 Thank Mark l