“The Most Peaceful Ride EVER” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rancho El Charro
Of The World
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The Most Peaceful Ride EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I went on the 5 hour ride (mind you my 1st time ever on a horse) and it was wonderful! If you're looking for tons of scenic views- this isn't for you. This is a relaxing ride and totally clears your mind and affords you the opportunity to think about and appreciate the simple things in life. Pam is super friendly and my guide, Ramon was a gentle spirit. I'll be honest and say there were a few times where I actually teared up because the ride was so relaxing and beautiful. The horses were very gentle and intuitive and every ache in my body was worth it. The waterfall was one of the most tranquil places I've ever been and really didn't want to leave! Do yourself a favor and book a ride with Pam. The value is phenomenal and the experience is priceless. My execursion ended at Kele Kai, a restaurant on the river. Kele was super friendly and the staff was accomodating. I would definitely do this execursion again should I return in the future!

Visited November 2013

Dover
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Perfect tour for cruise passengers or anyone.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

My partner and I took a repositioning cruise from LA to Miami, after much internet research we picked Rancho El Charro for our time in Puerto Vallarta.
The booking on line was simple with Pam confirming the details which included the pickup from the cruise terminal.
Pam was waiting as described, after a short drive we arrived at the stables. My partner who has taken horse care courses stated the horses are well looked after.
Me being new to horse riding was selected with Mango, a real gentleman. However he was so gentle he was a bit slow. Safe and secure. Bryony my partner was given a fine looking horse.
The day before our visit Puerto Vallarta had heavy rain, the road was yet to be cleared in places by the locals however no problem for our four hoof drive. We even crossed the river. Tomas our guide kept an eye on conditions so we did not make the waterfall that Tomas wanted to show us. It started to rain so Tomas being careful took us back across the river in case it rose. No problem at all for the horses.
Tomas the guide is very knowledgeable of the fauna and flora. The horses are so sure footed you can get to the top of the hills to see the beautiful views.
Back at the village we stopped at a local restaurant where the foods and drinks were lovely.
Pam collected us and drove us to the cruise terminal.
We definitely recommend Pam, her team and her horses.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank HadsDover
Las Vegas, Nevada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Delightful horseback ride!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had such a great ride! The owner picked us up from our hotel and took us to the ranch where Ramon gave us a wonderful horseback tour! We crossed a river and stopped at a delicious restaurant, very cool to get a feel for the local vibe! Sad I discovered the ranch near the end of my trip, or I would have booked a second ride! Thanks Pam!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Tiffany D
Edmonton, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Very Nice Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

My family of four (mom, dad and 2 teenage girls) decided to try horseback riding after searching for family things to do in PV. I have to say, there is a lot of good reviews about this place and this is another one. It felt safe and was very enjoyable to watch my girls smile riding horses and enjoying the scenery. I certainly recommend this to everyone as people need to take a relaxing break. We ended up at a restaurant that had fantastic shrimp tacos. This was definitely a highlight on my vacation! Thank you from the Canadians (and teenager with pink hair).

Visited August 2013
San Jose
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fantastic afternoon off the beaten path”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

This really is a once-in-a-lifetime ride. Wonderful 5+ hr trip to pleasant waterfall through gorgeous jungle on sure-footed and gentle horses, with Tomas, a knowledgable and attentive machete-wielding guide. Gorgeous panoramic view of the region from a mountaintop. Nice break at a small but lovely waterfall and a waterhole not really big enough to swim in, but enough to soak our feet and cool off. On the way back we were given a choice of retracing our path up or taking a more direct route down. It WAS a little adrenaline-provoking, but I had full faith in Luna and in Tomas, she didn't lose her footing once, and I was very pleased to be able to ride without the helmet for once. We could have galloped but I didn't want to make the horses work too hard after their very exerting climb. Forged the river several times, had a simple but sufficient lunch (perhaps the most enjoyable beer I've ever had) in a lovely spot overlooking the river filled with local families playing in the water. Many sights the average tourist does not get a chance to see. Highly recommended!!!
They were having Internet problems, and I couldn't submit a reservation request, but I did email Pamela, got a quick reply and a phone call, and they are trying to fix their website as quickly as possible. Email and phone messages always work!
Do remember this is Mexico, not the USA, something promised one day may not be feasible another (like hotel pick-up, promised but not possible due to taxi drivers' union hassles); and, seriously, if you care so much about a yummy breakfast, eat at your hotel before your ride. This is a horse ranch, and the important stuff--the horses, guides, and tours-- are done top notch. Helmets are NOT typically worn in this country, so bring your own, or ask for one of the less adventurous rides. Water is provided. No extra charge for iguanas, flocks of screeching green parrots, or Confetti giving a lovely bow at the end of the day. Muchas gracias a Tomas y Pamela; y a Luna, Confetti, y Patricia la Alta tambien.

Visited August 2013