“Horses in PVC”
Review of Rancho El Charro

Rancho El Charro
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Horses were nice and very well taken care of. Owner was American and was very nice. Ride was along a river and was scenic. Downside is that it is a little far from where we were staying (Mismaloya) - but all in all it was a fun

3  Thank teresa d
There are newer reviews for Rancho El Charro

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was a discount coupon 3 hour ride. I had expected to ride through the jungle and come out to a water fall. they have now paved most of the road and water fall was less then expected.

1  Thank John G
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

First time travelling solo to PV and thought it might be nice to ride a horse for the first time! Saw excellent reviews on tripadvisor so I booked directly via the Rancho el charro website and got 10% off. 3 hours ride for $55 is a really good value! Pamela met me and another party of 4 at a meeting point not far from our hotels, and called a van to take us to the ranch. It was my first time riding so I was assigned to a young gentle horse named Confetti. She's beautiful, but also easily distracted by yummy plants along the trail, very cute. I was expecting a stop at the restaurant to rest my sore butt, but unfortunately it was closed. Remember to use a cushion!! I used one but my butt still hurts :P We had a little break at a small waterfall and took some pics. After the tour, we got a free ride back to the hotel. The other party asked Pamela for fish market recommendations and she offered to drop them off there. :-) If I ever go back to PV, I would definitely do it again. Highly recommended.

3  Thank piggy10786
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Pam picked us up on time but then we had to go to the gas station. Yes its a bumpy ride to her place. Not pams fault. It took about 25 minutes to get the horses ready after we arrived. No breakfast was offered. On the website it says free breakfast. The ride was nice and long and definitely not your typical stateside trail ride by any means. The horses worked hard! The horses are well cared for. The guide was ok. The mointains were pretty. The lunch at the pool was ok. For a 5 hour ride the price is well worth the money! We went in july and it was hot! I reccomend it.

1  Thank timhoeve
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Booking this was the best thing we did our entire trip! Tomas was also our guide and was super friendly, knowledgable and patient. We saw some beautiful scenery and had a wonderful experience. Went outside of my comfort zone, but was so glad I did. If you're looking to get away from the resort scene for a day and see a little bit of the *real* Mexico, I would highly suggest one of El Charros fabulous trail rides!

1  Thank Alaena H