“Best food and service”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We have been going to Puerto Vallarta for over30 years and Blakes by far is the best place for food and service. Mike and Sue are fantastic people. The food is GREAT and the drinks are too. Their staff is curtious and always attentive. They are careing people that always help out the animal shelters and give much of themselves to the Daycare center for disabled children. When you go to PV. Blakes is a MUST.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

In our three weeks in PV we ate here at least five times and each was a memorable experience. Owned and run by a very personable Canadian couple (Mike a great bartender, and Sue who ably attends the customers and also is responsible for most of the food), this is a popular spot for ex pats. Specials are available most nights, and watch for a terrific lasagna, back ribs, and especially prime rib (best I have ever tasted), complete with genuine Yorkshire pudding and homemade horseradish. Highly recommended!

1  Thank jazzman2280
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We have been travelling to Puerto Vallarta for many years. Blake's is always a must! Sue and Mike are so conciencious of their guests. The staff is wonderful and friendly. Food is fantastic and always made with fresh ingredients. Soups are homemade and delish! For the Sports fan, you can always catch your favorite game on! We have attended the Grey Cup festivities for many years at Blake's and what an awesome time, but be sure to book your table early!

Sue & Mike - congrats on providing such a wonderful service, great food & awesome atmosphere! You make our stay in PV so special!!

1  Thank Dee G
Reviewed November 6, 2013

10/18/13 The crab cakes sounded great --- except they were served with rice which I generally don't eat. I asked the server if I could just have extra salad in place of the rice --- he said NO ??? I thought he was kidding !!! I had to have the rice because of the "presentation" !!! So my next option was the hamburger ----- I asked if I could substitute salad or veggies for the french fries ---- AGAIN I was told NO ??? By this time they came back & decided that I could have the crab cakes without the rice !! Well the "crab cakes" turned out to be 3 equally sized "patties" of ARTIFICAL CRAB !!!!!! It was listed on the menu as crab cakes ---- not artificial crab !! So much for truth in advertising !!! A party at our table had ordered a extra salad & seeing no salt & pepper on the table requested pepper ----- I think it was one of the owners said she couldn't have it until she tasted the salad !!!!! The catsup for the people that got french fries on their entrees was 1/2 " in a votive candle size container ---- of course they could have more when that was finished !!!!! WOW i'm not sure they are in the business to "serve" customers ??? They are certainly not willing to accommodate their customers !! The service was extremely slow -- it took forever to get any food to the table !!! We were a group of close to 20 people at various tables & every table had a "negative " experience !!!

2  Thank patlovespalms2
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had hoped to watch a great Monday Night football game between the Seahawks and Rams...while enjoying great fish and chips at Blake's. Both were a disappointment even though the Seahawks managed a win! The fish and chips barely warm...and soggy! They were returned to the kitchen where they improved only slightly. Fish and chips need to be fresh-off-the-grill and these were not. We will not return!

1  Thank GeoJerry