Right off the bat you'll be checking in and then the timeshare meeting schedule comes up, here's how you avoid it…..You say you have a few plans for the first few days(city trip/shopping/botanical gardens etc etc etc) and that you'll schedule when you have some free time. The free time(of course) never materialized and its time to head home. There, done and dusted. :-) You may get a call for an appointment but either don't pick up the phone(as we did) or if in person you are off on some more trips(Boca and the like, you kinda want to avoid Yelapa though).
The rooms are great! We were on the tenth floor so we saw both sea and jungle, we took a golf cart up to the building and it wasn't an inconvenience but if you are a pool person try and book one of the rooms nearer the original hotel. They are in the process of building one more hotel (Garza Blanca 6 or 7/whatever and have plans for another three more so expect construction noise for the next three years or so). Construction noise wasn't an issue for us even though we were level with it even on the 10th floor. It starts around 8am and quits about 4ish.
Being in the hotel further up the hill we could walk to the Bocados STK, service is spotty but not to the point of causing any major ruffles. Food is good overall though the chocolate cake with sweet potato ice cream is kinda weird…the ice cream is almost always half melted and tastes like glue and the 'cake' is a block of ganache with no actual cake. I'm a lover of chocolate so that stuff is more of a n annoyance to me than most folks I'd say. Steaks were good, we were on the 'all inclusive' plan and there are one or two dishes that require a premium to order but they never looked any better than the other items so it was no big deal to do without. The one time I did feel a little lacking was in the beer, they offer all the usual Modelo/Pacifico/Corona but you rarely see any craft beers, well they have three but each will be about $9US a glass even on the all inclusive plan.
Breakfast at the Bocados STK is an opportunity to hear the sales people pitch the timeshare offers without actually having to really listen or answer questions, try and get a table to the outside right if you want to avoid that chatter.
By far and away the BEST food and service is to be had at the downstairs pool Aquazul, fast service even though they constantly seem to be juggling a dozen tables per waiter. Cold beer/great food/good service…not a single complaint from any of us.
From what I understand BlancaBlue restaurant doesn't have their own kitchen(may be wrong but thats what I was told) and all the food is prepared at the poolside restaurant so cut out the middleman and just eat there. One thing I noticed was that other than one single occasion the ice cream/sorbet was always half melted like it had sat out for a good ten mins before being served. A straw should be used instead of a spoon ;-)
Location location location! It can't be beat. Just outside PV but a very short bus ride into town(8 pesos) and you are in the middle of PV which kinda reminded me of a Mexican West Hollywood with all the little shops. There are jungle tours which I really wanted to go on but never did find the time..maybe next time.
All in all a good hotel with some very hard-working staff, we liked it a lot….I still miss that view at sunset over the ocean with a cold drink in the hammock……..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacularly flanked by the vibrant blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and the verdanant tropical forests of the Sierra Madre mountains, Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa nestles gracefully just minutes south of historic Puerto Vallarta, one of Mexico's most dynamic and sophisticated vacation destinations.All Suites feature in-style decor that include marble floors, granite countertops, private terraces, whirlpool tubs and artisan in room amenities.Our ultra-chic gourmet restaurant is one of Puerto Vallarta's most sophisticated and premier dining options, catering breathtaking ocean views, a stylish lounge, a 230 label award-winning wine cellar, and a selection of unique contemporary dishes tailored to scintillate your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Vacatia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort And Spa
- Garza Blanca Preserve Hotel Puerto Vallarta