Just got back from our stay at the Garza Blanca. We got a great last minute "getaway" deal from Expedia, and paid a bit extra to upgrade to a "Honeymoon Suite" upon arrival. We were there mid-week, during off season, and it was a bit rainy, so we had the place almost to ourselves the entire week, although more folks started showing up Thursday and Friday. We stayed in the lower section by the ocean, rather than in the new tower across the road.
We had a wonderful time and I would highly recommend the Garza Blanca, particularly for couples. Go for the Honeymoon Suite - you can't say enough for a room that has a private hot-tub on the open air balcony! The room had plenty of space and a beautiful wraparound balcony opening right onto the ocean. We left the window doors open and were serenaded by crashing waves all night. Truly magical. The staff were also exceptionally friendly and helpful. Three of them we got to know by name, and went out of their way to help us, whenever they could.
We went for the all inclusive package, which was definitely the right call - a la carte prices would have been a bit over the top.
- Beautiful room and beautiful property
- Attentive staff (though we were there when it wasn't very busy)
- The steak restaurant up the hill (four star restaurant, included in the all inclusive!)
- Room service
- 10 minute taxi ride from town
Cons (pretty minor, overall)
- The food and drinks were a bit hit or miss - nothing was truly bad, some really great (Steak restaurant, The Teriyaki Fish Burger, the midori coladas) but some was a bit average (civiches)
- Internet was flaky, and didn't come free with the all inclusive
- There were little tiny mosquitos with a big bit - didn't figure this out till day 3. Bring bug spray!
- Didn't seem like a ton to do for kids... more of an adult resort
All in all, the Garza Blanca was very classy and done right, with wonderful staff and some great food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacularly flanked by the vibrant blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and the verdanant tropical forests of the Sierra Madre mountains, Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa nestles gracefully just minutes south of historic Puerto Vallarta, one of Mexico's most dynamic and sophisticated vacation destinations.All Suites feature in-style decor that include marble floors, granite countertops, private terraces, whirlpool tubs and artisan in room amenities.Our ultra-chic gourmet restaurant is one of Puerto Vallarta's most sophisticated and premier dining options, catering breathtaking ocean views, a stylish lounge, a 230 label award-winning wine cellar, and a selection of unique contemporary dishes tailored to scintillate your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garza Blanca Preserve Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort And Spa