“Wonderful Visit”

Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Ranked #13 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our stay at Garza Blanca wasn't perfect; but it was incredible! Even with a few speed bumps I feel that the hotel deserves an Excellent rating. We were originally staying in tower 4 and after the second night I grabbed my ear plugs (construction was going on next door) just in case it got loud. After the hotel house cleaners cleaned our room, we got a phone call from the front desk offering a free room upgrade by the ocean. Their concern was that the construction was getting too loud for the guests. I don't know if my ear-plugs was a give away, but the fact that they were proactive rates high in my book. One thing that annoyed me was the charges for drinks. I didn't think food or beverage was expensive; but I thought it was ghetto that if I got a Coke, it was by the can and they charged you by can. A little tacky for a high-end resort but they did make up for it in other ways. The service was great, the facilitiy was remarkable. The last thing that was a "bump" was the timeshare ordeal. They try to get you to commit at the the airport for breakfast and the whole timeshare gig. I told the gentleman there we were not intertesed as we have been traveling since 4am and we were tired. Once we got to Garza Blanca, Diana was helping us check in. She asked about our "Breakfast appt (timeshare)" and I told her we declined. Her attitude towards us became cold and as she covered excursions we asked her to help us book a fishing trip... she didn't!!. I saw her the day before we left and she was again, cold and fridgid. Also, it was weird they gave a platinum card (aka discounts) for attending the timeshare breakfast. That just made us feel like they over priced their stuff. Sad thing is, had someone approached us AFTER we had such a great experience, I think we would of been interested in atleast listening. After all; people buy off emotion. I'm sure that's not the usual timeshare selling way but I believe it would be more effective than trying to get people to commit to something they have yet to experience. But I don't sell timeshare. Anyways; despite the timeshare situation, we didn't let that ruin our wonderful stay at Garza Blanca. We look forward to coming back soon.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the ocean were best!!
There are newer reviews for Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Lets just say that from the moment you drive up and the gates open to let you into the hotel.... You will be in amazement. When you check in you will be amazed and as you walk out of the lobby you are greeted with one of the best views I have to say in Mexico.... The Infiniti Pool going into the ocean.... The rooms are again amazing, cool and comfortable with a balcony that lets you relax on the Hammock! The staff is wonderful and by far our experience was Made that much more amazing by the service that was given to us by Bell Boy Victor...... He was Amazing! So if I can rate Hotel Garza Blanca by 1 word..... It would be Amazing! Thank you to all the staff and thank you for a stay we will never forget. Until the next trip to Mexico.... Hotel Garza Blanca will be our only stay!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank SFGiants81
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had the most relaxing vacation ever at Garza Blanca. The staff were incredible and the service was amazing. Garza Blanca is a beautifully maintained resort/hotel,with beautiful rooms, and the pool is beyond belief. We saw a couple of whales and dolphins everyday from our balcony. We can't wait to come back.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I needed to add an extra day to the tail end of our two week stay in our condo, and she randomly pulled Garza Blanca from the vast pool of options in PVR.

I should say up front that Garza Blanca is a bit on the expensive side and under normal circumstances it is probably a little out of our price range. that is at least for the two week stays we normally go for when visiting PVR.

That said, Garza Blanca is stunning in every way, and it is worth the costs associated with your stay.

We were greeted with the usual friendly bell hop and were promptly swept into the vast main entry of the resort. Check in was unusual, at least for us, in that we lounged in over stuffed couches and the staff came to us to collect our information (ID, Credit Card, etc.), and then brought back the papers for us to sign. As we waited, we were greeted with some fancy green drinks that I can only imagine was some sort of margarita (We don't drink, so unfortunately we turned them down). The main lobby was truly stunning with great exterior views, fantastic architectural features, and beautiful artwork.

As the bell hop led us to our room, he gave us the mini tour of the resort, pointing out where to get pool towels, etc. He gave us a full tour of room and was very friendly.

The room was, well, a room. That sounds like I'm panning it, but I'm not. The "Deluxe" is pretty much what you get from any hotel room. The difference is that everything in the room is high end. Luxurious bed, fantastic art on the walls and on the floor (large vases and things like that), Air conditioning tied into the large sliding glass door (open the door, the A/C turns off), flatscreen TV, per room Wi Fi, mini kitchen, very nice furniture, large soaking tub, and of course the hammock on the balcony which overlooked the ocean.

Once we got to our room, we instantly changed and headed to the pool. These pools are fantastic. I've never actually seen an infinity pool in person and they are really cool. The sand here on this end of the Banderas Bay is much finer than up towards the airport. It felt very nice on the feet. The ocean bottom is shaped a little less steep here as well, so the little waves actually were breaking a bit back from the typical shore break you see in other areas. Guests have a variety of activities to choose from at no cost. There were boogie boards, ocean kayak's, snorkel gear, and those stand up paddle board things (I don't know what they are called). I inquired about the cost to take the snorkel gear and was told it was gratis. I wasn't expecting much, but there was actually some decent fish sightings to be had right off the waters in front of the resort. Head south 100 feet from the swimming area and there are some rather large angel fish to be seen. Actually several varieties of angel fish, and some others too. The area wasn't teaming with fish, but there were enough to make it interesting.

Like I mentioned, this was a one night stay to wrap up a two week vacation in PVR. We were tired and decided to take advantage of room service. We had a couple of burgers and they were very good, and actually very large. Be prepared for the sticker shock however. Even by States standards, these were some pretty expensive burgers.

Breakfast the next morning was in the restaurant, and it was very good. Perfect service, great food, and an incredible panoramic view of the ocean and Banderas Bay.

We have decided to make it a habit to do our regular condo visit, and then wrap it up with two nights at Garza Blanca. It was just too nice not to do again. We will probably make a point of going into town for meals as eating at the resort will add up very quickly.

All in all, a wonderful experience that we both enjoyed very much.

Room Tip: the resort is right on the main road out of PVR headed towards Mismaloya. You might here the occasi...
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was our anniversary celebration. It was a fabulous stay. Unfortunately we only booked for one night as we were staying downtown on our vacation but our goal is to return for a whole week the next time we visit PV.

No one bothered us with a time share presentation we were taken directly to our room and the bags showed up minutes later. The room was spotless and I loved the scented exfoliating soap in the shower. I tried to buy some on departure but they don't sell them, too bad I could have easily bought 100 dollars worth it was so fine.

The beach is wonderful, you can walk in and the waves didn't get too large until the evening upon which point we went for a swim in the heated pool. It was Marvelous not to mention the hot tubs which are soo relaxing.

That night we had an excellent dinner of steak, beet salad and wine, I ended up quite ill that night hours after dinner which ruined the rest of the evening. It was strange as I've been to Mexico many, many times over the last decade and this never happens. We didn't even eat breakfast the next morning as I was still recovering and all I could do was to check out and get in a cab back to my other hotel.

Even with that experience I'm looking forward to booking once again, sounds crazy but the experience of the hotel, the views and staff far outweighed the illness part. This hotel if fabulous.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I've stayed at some incredible hotels around the world, and this is one of the very best. It is certainly luxurious, and the staff is gracious, helpful & kind. The grounds, beach, and pools are incredible. The food is a bit pricey... about comparable to a gourmet meal in the US. The rooms are high quality and spacious. They have three buildings very close to the water, and then two towers back toward the jungle a bit more. We stayed on the water and were very pleased, but heard rave reviews about the rooms closer to the jungle too. Most of those rooms are a bit newer, and a bit more luxurious too. But all are 5-star, and extremely nice. I'd love to go back again.

Room Tip: The time share presentation lasts about 2 hrs and offers 15% off of food and beverage for your entir...
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This place was simply amazing. Stayed here in one of the large suites. Washer, dryer, and a full kitchen with everything you need to cook. Hammocks and hot tubs on the porches outside the rooms. This place is a great place to stay. A bit of a drive to downtown PR, but why would you ever want to leave this place! Not cheap though.

• Stayed: December 2012