“Memorable Experience”

Ranked #14 of 125 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Vancouver, Washington
“Memorable Experience”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I needed to add an extra day to the tail end of our two week stay in our condo, and she randomly pulled Garza Blanca from the vast pool of options in PVR.

I should say up front that Garza Blanca is a bit on the expensive side and under normal circumstances it is probably a little out of our price range. that is at least for the two week stays we normally go for when visiting PVR.

That said, Garza Blanca is stunning in every way, and it is worth the costs associated with your stay.

We were greeted with the usual friendly bell hop and were promptly swept into the vast main entry of the resort. Check in was unusual, at least for us, in that we lounged in over stuffed couches and the staff came to us to collect our information (ID, Credit Card, etc.), and then brought back the papers for us to sign. As we waited, we were greeted with some fancy green drinks that I can only imagine was some sort of margarita (We don't drink, so unfortunately we turned them down). The main lobby was truly stunning with great exterior views, fantastic architectural features, and beautiful artwork.

As the bell hop led us to our room, he gave us the mini tour of the resort, pointing out where to get pool towels, etc. He gave us a full tour of room and was very friendly.

The room was, well, a room. That sounds like I'm panning it, but I'm not. The "Deluxe" is pretty much what you get from any hotel room. The difference is that everything in the room is high end. Luxurious bed, fantastic art on the walls and on the floor (large vases and things like that), Air conditioning tied into the large sliding glass door (open the door, the A/C turns off), flatscreen TV, per room Wi Fi, mini kitchen, very nice furniture, large soaking tub, and of course the hammock on the balcony which overlooked the ocean.

Once we got to our room, we instantly changed and headed to the pool. These pools are fantastic. I've never actually seen an infinity pool in person and they are really cool. The sand here on this end of the Banderas Bay is much finer than up towards the airport. It felt very nice on the feet. The ocean bottom is shaped a little less steep here as well, so the little waves actually were breaking a bit back from the typical shore break you see in other areas. Guests have a variety of activities to choose from at no cost. There were boogie boards, ocean kayak's, snorkel gear, and those stand up paddle board things (I don't know what they are called). I inquired about the cost to take the snorkel gear and was told it was gratis. I wasn't expecting much, but there was actually some decent fish sightings to be had right off the waters in front of the resort. Head south 100 feet from the swimming area and there are some rather large angel fish to be seen. Actually several varieties of angel fish, and some others too. The area wasn't teaming with fish, but there were enough to make it interesting.

Like I mentioned, this was a one night stay to wrap up a two week vacation in PVR. We were tired and decided to take advantage of room service. We had a couple of burgers and they were very good, and actually very large. Be prepared for the sticker shock however. Even by States standards, these were some pretty expensive burgers.

Breakfast the next morning was in the restaurant, and it was very good. Perfect service, great food, and an incredible panoramic view of the ocean and Banderas Bay.

We have decided to make it a habit to do our regular condo visit, and then wrap it up with two nights at Garza Blanca. It was just too nice not to do again. We will probably make a point of going into town for meals as eating at the resort will add up very quickly.

All in all, a wonderful experience that we both enjoyed very much.

Room Tip: the resort is right on the main road out of PVR headed towards Mismaloya. You might here the occasi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (702)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was our anniversary celebration. It was a fabulous stay. Unfortunately we only booked for one night as we were staying downtown on our vacation but our goal is to return for a whole week the next time we visit PV.

No one bothered us with a time share presentation we were taken directly to our room and the bags showed up minutes later. The room was spotless and I loved the scented exfoliating soap in the shower. I tried to buy some on departure but they don't sell them, too bad I could have easily bought 100 dollars worth it was so fine.

The beach is wonderful, you can walk in and the waves didn't get too large until the evening upon which point we went for a swim in the heated pool. It was Marvelous not to mention the hot tubs which are soo relaxing.

That night we had an excellent dinner of steak, beet salad and wine, I ended up quite ill that night hours after dinner which ruined the rest of the evening. It was strange as I've been to Mexico many, many times over the last decade and this never happens. We didn't even eat breakfast the next morning as I was still recovering and all I could do was to check out and get in a cab back to my other hotel.

Even with that experience I'm looking forward to booking once again, sounds crazy but the experience of the hotel, the views and staff far outweighed the illness part. This hotel if fabulous.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I've stayed at some incredible hotels around the world, and this is one of the very best. It is certainly luxurious, and the staff is gracious, helpful & kind. The grounds, beach, and pools are incredible. The food is a bit pricey... about comparable to a gourmet meal in the US. The rooms are high quality and spacious. They have three buildings very close to the water, and then two towers back toward the jungle a bit more. We stayed on the water and were very pleased, but heard rave reviews about the rooms closer to the jungle too. Most of those rooms are a bit newer, and a bit more luxurious too. But all are 5-star, and extremely nice. I'd love to go back again.

Room Tip: The time share presentation lasts about 2 hrs and offers 15% off of food and beverage for your entir...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This place was simply amazing. Stayed here in one of the large suites. Washer, dryer, and a full kitchen with everything you need to cook. Hammocks and hot tubs on the porches outside the rooms. This place is a great place to stay. A bit of a drive to downtown PR, but why would you ever want to leave this place! Not cheap though.

• Stayed December 2012
Park Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is the first vacation in six years that my husband and I have taken since the kids have been born. So needless to say, we wanted a vacation that was private, peaceful, relaxing and quiet. We got that and SO MUCH more at Garza Blanca. This is by far the best and most luxurious hotel in Puerto Vallarta and the best hotel experience I've ever stayed at during ANY vacation. Aside from the fact that it's fairly new, the service and quality of EVERYTHING is absolutely EXCEPTIONAL!!!!! I cannot begin to describe the beauty of the hotel as well as the cleanliness.....I felt like I can eat and sleep off the floor, ANY floor!! The attention to detail is SO IMPRESSIVE it's ridiculous!! I actually saw one of the workers cleaning the path lights from the pool to the hotel..and not just cleaning it but really cleaning it to a point it looked brand new. Workers are constantly ensuring that the common area bathrooms are immaculate....and they were, every single time!! Another point I have to make is that this resort has so much privacy that you are not overcome by vendors trying to sell you everything and anything! It can be truly annoying and ruin your time to relax and enjoy yourself. The food in every restaurant was unbelievably superb and five star quality EACH AND EVERY TIME!! They made a point to have daily specials for their guests to give them a variety everyday. All the rooms had great views and were very spacious and so very clean. Bathrooms are enormous!

This wouldn't be a true review without giving praise to some invaluable employees: Staff is truly exceptional with customer service that is hands down the best. They are so super friendly and geniunely attentive and make you feel so comfortable without feeling harrassed or bombarded.
Bryan Kistner, Selene, Shane, Jessica (front desk), Omar and Fidel Castro (doorman/bellman), Ezekiel (pool bar & restaurant), Rafael (chef), Bocabos Steakhouse restaurant: Marcello, Salvador, Victor, Miquel, and Jorge. All these individuals went above and beyond their job description and the customer service experience we had from these individuals as well as other employees makes this place a five star resort!! We were truly impressed and made our stay that much more memorable!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I don't normally go to the same place twice, with all the options out there. But this place is fantastic. I would like to check out the turtles! We were lucky to see wild dolphin and a new baby whale. There was lots of activities in the area. We could be as busy as wanted.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pipe Creek, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

What an experience. We stayed in the new Torre 5 on the 6th floor and the Junior Suite was amazing! I think I took 12 tub baths in 4 days, just to enjoy the view from the egg-shaped tub.
The service was, as usual in Mexico, kind, considerate and thoughtful. And the room even had a small fridge so you could bring in snacks. In general the restaurants were good, especially for breakfast and brunch. The location, far south, means a lot of taxi rides if you do excursions or shopping or dining in town, but that's just the price to pay for being just a short view from Los Arcos, the beautiful rocks along the coast. We shopped in May (and the weather was fresh and lovely this year) and got a great package deal for the room and airfare.

Room Tip: The towers are above the ocean with great views. The tower Junior Suites are attached to full suites...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family