My wife and I needed to add an extra day to the tail end of our two week stay in our condo, and she randomly pulled Garza Blanca from the vast pool of options in PVR.
I should say up front that Garza Blanca is a bit on the expensive side and under normal circumstances it is probably a little out of our price range. that is at least for the two week stays we normally go for when visiting PVR.
That said, Garza Blanca is stunning in every way, and it is worth the costs associated with your stay.
We were greeted with the usual friendly bell hop and were promptly swept into the vast main entry of the resort. Check in was unusual, at least for us, in that we lounged in over stuffed couches and the staff came to us to collect our information (ID, Credit Card, etc.), and then brought back the papers for us to sign. As we waited, we were greeted with some fancy green drinks that I can only imagine was some sort of margarita (We don't drink, so unfortunately we turned them down). The main lobby was truly stunning with great exterior views, fantastic architectural features, and beautiful artwork.
As the bell hop led us to our room, he gave us the mini tour of the resort, pointing out where to get pool towels, etc. He gave us a full tour of room and was very friendly.
The room was, well, a room. That sounds like I'm panning it, but I'm not. The "Deluxe" is pretty much what you get from any hotel room. The difference is that everything in the room is high end. Luxurious bed, fantastic art on the walls and on the floor (large vases and things like that), Air conditioning tied into the large sliding glass door (open the door, the A/C turns off), flatscreen TV, per room Wi Fi, mini kitchen, very nice furniture, large soaking tub, and of course the hammock on the balcony which overlooked the ocean.
Once we got to our room, we instantly changed and headed to the pool. These pools are fantastic. I've never actually seen an infinity pool in person and they are really cool. The sand here on this end of the Banderas Bay is much finer than up towards the airport. It felt very nice on the feet. The ocean bottom is shaped a little less steep here as well, so the little waves actually were breaking a bit back from the typical shore break you see in other areas. Guests have a variety of activities to choose from at no cost. There were boogie boards, ocean kayak's, snorkel gear, and those stand up paddle board things (I don't know what they are called). I inquired about the cost to take the snorkel gear and was told it was gratis. I wasn't expecting much, but there was actually some decent fish sightings to be had right off the waters in front of the resort. Head south 100 feet from the swimming area and there are some rather large angel fish to be seen. Actually several varieties of angel fish, and some others too. The area wasn't teaming with fish, but there were enough to make it interesting.
Like I mentioned, this was a one night stay to wrap up a two week vacation in PVR. We were tired and decided to take advantage of room service. We had a couple of burgers and they were very good, and actually very large. Be prepared for the sticker shock however. Even by States standards, these were some pretty expensive burgers.
Breakfast the next morning was in the restaurant, and it was very good. Perfect service, great food, and an incredible panoramic view of the ocean and Banderas Bay.
We have decided to make it a habit to do our regular condo visit, and then wrap it up with two nights at Garza Blanca. It was just too nice not to do again. We will probably make a point of going into town for meals as eating at the resort will add up very quickly.
All in all, a wonderful experience that we both enjoyed very much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacularly flanked by the vibrant blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and the verdanant tropical forests of the Sierra Madre mountains, Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa nestles gracefully just minutes south of historic Puerto Vallarta, one of Mexico's most dynamic and sophisticated vacation destinations.All Suites feature in-style decor that include marble floors, granite countertops, private terraces, whirlpool tubs and artisan in room amenities.Our ultra-chic gourmet restaurant is one of Puerto Vallarta's most sophisticated and premier dining options, catering breathtaking ocean views, a stylish lounge, a 230 label award-winning wine cellar, and a selection of unique contemporary dishes tailored to scintillate your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort And Spa
- Garza Blanca Preserve Hotel Puerto Vallarta