After weeks of research & looking for a great destination city and resort to go to for my wifes 30th Birthday we ended up choosing Garza Blanca and Puerto Vallerta.
THE GOOD: Loved the city, lots of shopping and it would take you 10 years to hit all the great places to eat. (ZONA ROMANTICA or OLD Town was fun. Always felt safe and all our cab drivers were polite and freindly. Only about 40 min to airport from the resort and 10 min to Old Town.
We stayed for a week in Febuary17th to 23rd. Great time of year as the humpback whales are in the bay (we saw them breaching 100 yrds off shore from the pool.
The POOL was great at Garza Blanca, the food was our favorite at the beach grill & Carlos was our favorite waiter. We found all staff very helpfull and attentive. The one time a server forgot our drinks on a busy afternoon he brought them on the house just as we were about to ask about them. Resort never felt overcrowded but I worry about extra beach preasure when both mountain towers are open. We stayed on beach on fourth floor. I highly recomend the beach rooms if you like the sound of the ocean and quick walk to the pool and beach. We opened the door to balcony every morning and fell back asleep to the soothing ocean breaking on beach...just amazing!
Beautiful sand beach, but I recomend water shoes or keen sandles as their are some rocks for first few yards in some spots but once your pass that part water is not too deep and very nice!
We are not interested in being tied to one area so didnt want to see time share info at begining and we politely declined and were not bothered with it again. We thought a lot about doing the all inclusive and thought on futute trip we may buy a few days of it during the week but not worth the whole week since we like to explore too much. Cucumber Basil Margaritas were very good!
They should invest in some Garza logo foam pool floats for laying in the pool as the view with the rocks islands in distance is breathtaking!
Beautiful views and dishes at Blanca Blue and the Boca Dos STK (try the Crab Cakes!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacularly flanked by the vibrant blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and the verdanant tropical forests of the Sierra Madre mountains, Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa nestles gracefully just minutes south of historic Puerto Vallarta, one of Mexico's most dynamic and sophisticated vacation destinations.All Suites feature in-style decor that include marble floors, granite countertops, private terraces, whirlpool tubs and artisan in room amenities.Our ultra-chic gourmet restaurant is one of Puerto Vallarta's most sophisticated and premier dining options, catering breathtaking ocean views, a stylish lounge, a 230 label award-winning wine cellar, and a selection of unique contemporary dishes tailored to scintillate your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garza Blanca Preserve Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort And Spa