My wife and I stayed at Garza Blanca from December 15-22. Our experience echoes many of the positive reviews we read prior to our stay. Arrived before check in and concierge explained hotel amenities, our all-inclusive plan etc. We were given a delicious cucumber margarita and lavender scented, chilled towel. We were pitched on the time-share and agreed due to the deep discounts we were offered on couples massages and zip line tour. If we had it to do again we would probably make the same choice though I will say the "90 minute" breakfast and presentation lasted 3 hours. Breakfast was fantastic and free but was put off when asked by our salesman, Ron, to leave a tip for the wait staff. They invited us to breakfast yet I had to fork over $10 for the service. Regardless, massage was relaxing and perfect and zip line tour was a great experience.
We experienced great service, at times a bit slower, but relaxing for 10 hours a day next to the pool we were never in a rush. Oswaldo, server pool side, catered to our every need. He was by far the hardest working server and probably earned $150 from me alone over the 7 day stay.
The food was def 5 star. Everything tasted great, presented beautifully and cooked to our liking. I will say some of the wait staff at Blanca Blue could use a bit more training....but we never experienced lazy service or inconsiderate staff. They truly put customer service priority #1. Room service was a bit slow I will say and had to call down once or twice for missing items.
Great beach, soft sand but you will find some rocks in the water. But sitting in a lounge chair with drinks was very relaxing. We were never approached about not being able to reserve a spot and my amigo, Oswaldo, came down regularly to check on us.
BED BUGS!! Literally my only true negative about this resort and I am shocked that no other review has mentioned this (further explanation to come) After night one I woke up with a couple bits on my leg and did not think to much of it, though they itch worse than mosquito bits, wasn't sure if it had happened the night before and did not give it much thought. By the fourth morning I had 15-20 bits on my body as did my wife. I am not a light sleeper and found myself wide awake at 3 am laying on top of the covers in jeans and using a robe as a blanket. Miserable!! Quick google search confirmed the bits were from bed bugs. Though I wish I would have acted sooner, we complained to the front desk and they moved us to a mountain suite (no upgrade charge). They did not question my reasoning and it was a smooth transition to the new room. Beautiful room, if you don't mind a bit of walking, which we did not. No more bits, slept peacefully for the rest of the stay.
I am shocked to see no other complaints because I became mildly obsessed ( to the irritation of my wife) with staring at other guests arms and legs and saw multiple guest(all I presume staying in towers 1 & 2) with bits exactly like ours. One individual in particular must have had 30-40 covering his leg alone. I even heard two families at breakfast complaining to each other about how badly they itched.
Despite the five star rating I would give this resort I would not go back for this reason alone. I am still washing our laundry ( which we sequestered from our house) in the hottest water I can, praying we did not bring any home with us. I imagine its only a matter of time before the mountain tower has the same issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacularly flanked by the vibrant blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and the verdanant tropical forests of the Sierra Madre mountains, Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa nestles gracefully just minutes south of historic Puerto Vallarta, one of Mexico's most dynamic and sophisticated vacation destinations.All Suites feature in-style decor that include marble floors, granite countertops, private terraces, whirlpool tubs and artisan in room amenities.Our ultra-chic gourmet restaurant is one of Puerto Vallarta's most sophisticated and premier dining options, catering breathtaking ocean views, a stylish lounge, a 230 label award-winning wine cellar, and a selection of unique contemporary dishes tailored to scintillate your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garza Blanca Preserve Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort And Spa