We spent a week with my family, which includes two children - ages 5 & 1. The property is fantastic: Grounds meticulously maintained, clean, and spacious room with a spectacular view of the beach. The pools and hot-tub were always the perfect temperature, no matter the time of day.
Based on the past reviews and our own experiences in Mexico, we expected spotty service, but that was not the case. The waitstaff, room service, and housekeeping were all very attentive to our needs, and timely. We also found them to be very friendly and helpful. The resort even had a on-site physician from the local hospital, who came in very handy when our child became sick.
We did not take the AI plan, which worked well for us, but the food at the resort was very good. The restaurants really did not have a child friendly menu, but they went out of their way to give us options for the children. We are fortunate that our kids are not too picky.
Our only complaint was with the check in staff(the concierges), and process. They seem to have forgotten that guests generally travel many hours -- and are typically exhausted by the time they reach the resort. Let's not forget that this is exasperated with children. The concierge(s) did greet us with cool towels and beverages upon arrival. HOWEVER, that was the prelude to a subsequent HARD pitch to attend their timeshare presentation. They were adamant that we were victims of an airport timeshare huckster, and would not let up with pressing us to give information about getting through the airport --essentially calling us liars. They spent so much time on their pitch, but failed in their duty to inform us about the ins-and-out of the resort -- such as what was included with our package. For example, it was not until we were checking out that we found out that our breakfast (we only had 1 onsite) was included with our package. Before arriving, we called to ensure that we could have a portable crib. When it was not there, we naturally called the concierge. It took two days to arrive.
The next morning, as we were leaving the resort for a trip into town to buy breakfast and light groceries for the week -- much of which would have been unnecessary had they bothered to explain that breakfast was provided with our package. They actually got up and followed us out of the lobby to ensure that we were not meeting an agent of a rival hotel - all the while insisting that we should attend their presentation and accept their gift --which incidently was a tequila tasting tour -- but guess what, OUR KIDS DON'T DRINK TEQUILLA! If they paid attention, this might have been obvious.
Garza Blanca is a fantastic place, and we would go back in spite of this. Just beware of the aggressive "personal concierge" upon arrival.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacularly flanked by the vibrant blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and the verdanant tropical forests of the Sierra Madre mountains, Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa nestles gracefully just minutes south of historic Puerto Vallarta, one of Mexico's most dynamic and sophisticated vacation destinations.All Suites feature in-style decor that include marble floors, granite countertops, private terraces, whirlpool tubs and artisan in room amenities.Our ultra-chic gourmet restaurant is one of Puerto Vallarta's most sophisticated and premier dining options, catering breathtaking ocean views, a stylish lounge, a 230 label award-winning wine cellar, and a selection of unique contemporary dishes tailored to scintillate your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garza Blanca Preserve Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort And Spa