“Beautiful, uncrowded and great service”

Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Ranked #13 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This resort is wonderfully nestled between a small, white sand beach and hills. The rooms are great - we had a 1 bedroom which was perfect for our family with 2 small kids. All rooms are ocean front and we highly enjoyed breakfasting on the balcony with the ocean view, then lounging by the wonderful infinity pool for lunch. We did not do the all-inclusive and I would recommend taking a cab to town at least a few times as the city (particularly the old town) has a lot of offer by way of food and sights.

Room Tip: Ask where the construction noise might be an issue and find a room away from it. If you have small k...
1  Thank VijayRamchandran

Reviewed December 7, 2012

If you LOVE bad service unfulfilled promises and an empty mini bar this is your place. Perhaps you would like a beer at the beach or the pool..... Bring it with you. Well the food is good when it gets to you. Maybe it is good because you are starving? Did you go on vacation to enjoy to timeshare hard sell? Me either. FYI 4 weeks after we checked out and still waiting for our welcome margarita. FYI double check your credit card statement. I've been double charged. Still disputing the meals I did not eat.

14  Thank roberto848
Hotel_Administration, pierre bonin at Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Traveler
We would like to thank you for taking your time to share your comments on Trip Advisor relative to your stay at Garza Blanca Preserve.Resort & Spa , believe that all observations from our clients are very important because they help us to improve the quality of our services and facilities as we strive for excellence.
We are very surprised with the comment you posted and the rating assigned.

It is unfortunate that we did not learn about your distress during your stay, in order to provide you with assistance.

We would like to contact you personally to discuss the situation. Please be assured that we are taking into consideration each and every point mentioned in your review.
What I can do, for you?

Best Regards,
pierre bonin

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I booked into the Garza Blanca for a week in November. It was a very beautiful resort and the view is spectacular, my room was huge and brand new and I was very comfortable, except for the pesky mosquitos that made their way in and ate me alive! What I will say is that the service is lacking and there were times when I felt frustrated. I asked to extend my stay and the front desk staff, ladies in particular, were most unhelpful and disinterested in assisting me. I was also asked a million times what my room number was, so they can charge you right down to the last can of soda you sip on. I found that to be super annoying and also a security risk as I was travelling alone. As much as it was luxurious to sit by their pool, I did find the servers to disappear for 45 minutes at a time, especially when you wanted to settle the bill. Again, it was hit and miss, but for a resort that is wanting to establish themselves as 5 star and luxurious, they have a way's to go. The shuttle is non existent and therefore you need to grab the bus or a taxi. That was not posted on the website, which I would suggest they note. The food is quite good, but I had some locals join me one day, and they said it was super bland and did not finish their breakfast. I would recommend this hotel as it is really lovely, but I would not HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ocean front is a must
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank elee371
Hotel_Administration, GENERAL MANAGER PIERRE BONIN at Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts about Garza Blanca Preserve. Resort & Spa. We believe that all observations from our clients are very important because they help us to improve the quality of our services and facilities as we strive for excellence.
We sincerely apologize for not having met and fulfill your expectations concerning our service, I assure you it was a case out of the ordinary, since here at Garza Blanca we're committed to provide a personalized service with the highest quality.
We would love to welcome you back in the near future and to have the opportunity to show you how important our guests are to us and make your stay more enjoyable.
PIERRE BONIN

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I came with my family and had a wonderful time at Garza Blanca. I have visited Puerto Vallarta over twenty times and this is by far the nicest I have stayed in. Everyone from the Concierge (Teresa) to the wait staff were very polite and helpful. We had the Ceviche at Aquazul which was amazing. I also attended the timeshare presentation and it is a nice program. We did not purchase this trip but I may next time I visit. We received many discounts from looking into the timeshares which also made for a nicer trip. Overall we had a great experience and I can't wait to come back to Garza Blanca!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

My Family and I traveled to Garza Blanca for a family Thanksgiving vacation. We were very excited to visit this resort, as the photos online looked amazing, and we were told that the kitchen could handle my daughters (severe)food allergies. After an exciting and scary cab ride to the resort (think Indiana Jones meets Mr. Toads Wild Adventure Ride) we arrived at the resort.
First of all, the check in process, was grueling and long (over an hour). They requested everyone's passports to copy. When we asked what that was for, they replied "in case you want to exchange money". My husband then says, "well then you only need my passport, the kids wont be exchanging money", to which they reply, we still need them. Hmmm.....we vacation in Mexico at least twice a year and not once have we ever been asked to give our passports at check in. Also, our welcome Margaritas never made an appearance. We sent the kids out to get a table by the pool so we could eat a late lunch. The servers kept walking by until our son, literally had to stop one to ask for a table. Lunch took over an hour and a half to show up. So far, we are three hours at the resort, and no food on the table and not impressed and I have yet to see my darn "welcome Margarita".
We reserved the two bedroom suite which was gorgeous. The decor was beautiful, the suite spacious!The new remodels are spectacular. But from someone who normally stays at places like the St. Regis, The Four Seasons, One and Only Palmilla, as I was looking around, it was attention to details that started to really worry me. One tiny shampoo bottle and one tiny conditioner bottle in the shower, well, as my hair is to the middle of my back, I will use that all by myself in one showering! A kitchenette with a coffee pot but no coffee, etc..Then we requested they stocked our mini bar. That never happened. We asked four times, the mini bar stayed empty. So by now, I am on alert. If you can't supply adequate shampoo or stock a mini bar how are you going to handle our special needs in the kitchen?
Unfortunately I was given my answer that first night. After making it meticulously clear to the kitchen staff and alerting them of my daughters allergies and educating them about cross contamination, etc.....our first dinner and she has an allergic reaction!
Needless to say, the following day we got on the phone with our friends at the St. Regis Punta Mita and they graciously found us two adjoining rooms (even though they were at full capacity), and we high tailed it out of the Garza Blanca Resort.
I have to say, it was truly a shame. The ground were gorgeous, the foliage and landscaping was breathtaking. The spa had the most amazing views and the spa services we managed to squeeze in were great. But unfortunately, that attention to detail, that going an extra inch to ensure the satisfaction and safety of your guest was completely missing. I understand this is a young resort. They've only been open a couple years, they are still figuring it out. But for people who travel to Mexico because of its known hospitality, this resort has a lot of growing to do.

7  Thank Adela C
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We had wonderful service, the hotel was clean, modern and new, all-inclusive was well worth the money as the food at all resteraunts was terrific and the staff was really great to us. We had a great time in paradise.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I booked a room through mexvax.com at a competitive price for last thanksgiving week for this place. I booked it with all inclusive option for me and my wife.

Cons:

* This place is a time share place so at the airport if they know that you're heading towards there, they'll lure you into this time-share presentation which will steal your precious vacation time. They'll cover it up with some benefits like free breakfast (which was not an extra for us since we were already on all-inclusive), excursion offer (ours was city tour but you can ask anything I guess), bottle of tequila and refund of your airport taxi lift. It may look like a good deal but I wouldn't trade them to 2 hours of my vacation time. It is partially my fault that I got tricked into it though but I still think that a place of this caliber should make everything as clear as possible from the beginning and shouldn't press any further if I'm not interested in.

* We stayed in the new tower and it is always an hassle to go back to your room since if you cannot find a cart around you have to climb 3-4 flights of stair and then a steep incline. Half of the time cart was there half of the time I just didn't wait or call for it as it is not a big deal for me but it became boring real fast.

* New tower is still in construction even though it looked finished and we woke up to talking and hammering workers a couple mornings. We could've asked to be moved down but our laziness prevented us to so. If you're going here I would suggest that you stay in buildings next to the sea though. Also there is a slight background noise from the other two towers that are currently being built.

* Food service is quite slow when restaurants have more than 30 people dining. I think we averaged around 2 hour per dinner. Breakfast is relatively faster and we used the bar next to pool for lunch but they were still relatively slow in general.

* Since all-inclusiveness is optional they kept us signing the bills all the time. Bills were eventually waived as we check out but it was still a bit annoying. They were even asking for us to sign for bottle of water. I mean come on. I understand that why they do it but there are other ways to achieve this like those band wrists that other places use which signify that you're on all-inclusive deal.

Pros:

* Room in the tower was quite luxurious and the view was breathtaking.

* Food at restaurants and the bar near the pool was amazingly good except the special thanksgiving menu which was a cold turkey but other than that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

* Rooms, pool, restaurants, pretty much everywhere was quite clean.

* Beach next to the place was nice. It was a bit wavy but nothing dangerous. Also at the end of the beach there are rocky formations where you can snorkel and see lots of fish.

* Staff was quite polite, friendly and helpful.

All in all, I enjoyed the place but they need to fix the issues that I listed above to live up to the awards and standards they've been showing off.

Room Tip: Stay at the beach buildings but not in towers.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple