To the management - you should have just let us leave after the first day instead of making us stay and refusing to refund our money. For the price....forget it. You should have refunded me for the mornings I was up at 7am woken by construction workers opening our hotel room door!!!
I've stayed in Puerto Vallarta a few times and decided to extend my 5 day trip by 3 days. I booked at Garza Blanca last minute and what a terrible end to a great vacation. The pool is right off the main road so you hear street noise. I had to move room 3 times...the first junior suite had a balcony that had lights shining in from the street. If you go, do NOT stay on the beach side. Room are terrible. After finally moving to the newly opened tower, I thought that would be better. They promised me nobody would bother us yet both mornings at 7am we were woken up by construction workers next door. Guess they were not done!!! One instance they actually opened our room door since they didn't think anyone was staying there.
The food...awful except for the new restaurant. The people for the most part were very nice but you are required to sign every hour which is a pain. They track you down in the pool to close out tabs on an hourly basis. I honestly don't get that.
I usually stay at nice resorts and this I can say is not one of them. I would NEVER stay at this place again and would NEVER recommend to anyone. I asked after the first day to cancel our last two nights and move hotels but the refused to let me. They honestly could have just ended things there but chose not to. The management is clueless and they have no idea how to run a resort. At the new tower its just construction workers running around everywhere and lots of noise at the pool with a crane swinging over.
Trust me, there are plenty of better places to stay in PV. Feel free to contact me for more details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacularly flanked by the vibrant blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and the verdanant tropical forests of the Sierra Madre mountains, Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa nestles gracefully just minutes south of historic Puerto Vallarta, one of Mexico's most dynamic and sophisticated vacation destinations.All Suites feature in-style decor that include marble floors, granite countertops, private terraces, whirlpool tubs and artisan in room amenities.Our ultra-chic gourmet restaurant is one of Puerto Vallarta's most sophisticated and premier dining options, catering breathtaking ocean views, a stylish lounge, a 230 label award-winning wine cellar, and a selection of unique contemporary dishes tailored to scintillate your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort And Spa
- Garza Blanca Preserve Hotel Puerto Vallarta