This is our second visit to GB, staying the week of August 18 - 25. We previously stayed in October 2011 and loved it so much we brought my parents and our boys, ages 8 and 16, along this time to celebrate my 40th birthday. After VIP Transportation delivered us, our luggage, and groceries from Coscto, Diana immediately greeted us with cold towels and cucumber margaritas. After a brief check-in (we received an upgrade), we were escorted to our beautiful 3-bedroom suite in building three, fourth floor. The boys got their own room with two double beds and their very own bathroom. They were pretty excited about the patio jacuzzi and two hammocks. We each chose a king suite and got set to relax for the week. We definitely made good use out of the full kitchen, fully utilizing all appliances and dishes and appreciated having a fridge stocked with cold beer and water and our other groceries. We even brought coffee, filters, and laundry soap so we could wash/dry clothes if needed.
The resort was nearly empty while we were there and we thoroughly enjoyed being pampered by the staff, especially Alan, Ignacio, Miguel, and Daniel. On my birthday after lunch by the pool, the entire pool staff brought me Creme Brulee and sang happy birthday, even in English! It was very thoughtful. They even left me a small bouquet of flowers in our suite.
It is the attention to detail that make a trip like this so memorable. Everything was perfect, right down to the maid service, spa and massage, dinners, breakfasts, and drinks & lunch by the pool. Our entire stay was impeccable, right down to the food. We ate at Bocados one night and it was amazing! The service was perfect and the food delicious. I can't get over how friendly everyone was and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed.
We can't get over how beautiful the pool area is and it was certainly hard to leave that amazing view. We had our favorite spot to sit each day and met some great people. The pool music was perfect, not too loud and certainly not annoying. The construction noise from the mountain towers was noticeable but not distracting.
We ventured into town several nights for dinner and after a huge rainstorm one night, the road was closed. We called GB and they immediately sent the van out to pick us up as we were stranded and had to walk around the landslides to reach a clear area on the other side. It was an adventure for sure.
The only downside from last year's visit was that they no longer offer the courtesy shuttle into town, but the taxi rides are prompt and about 100 pesos each way.
Thank you for a memorable vacation! We will be back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacularly flanked by the vibrant blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and the verdanant tropical forests of the Sierra Madre mountains, Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa nestles gracefully just minutes south of historic Puerto Vallarta, one of Mexico's most dynamic and sophisticated vacation destinations.All Suites feature in-style decor that include marble floors, granite countertops, private terraces, whirlpool tubs and artisan in room amenities.Our ultra-chic gourmet restaurant is one of Puerto Vallarta's most sophisticated and premier dining options, catering breathtaking ocean views, a stylish lounge, a 230 label award-winning wine cellar, and a selection of unique contemporary dishes tailored to scintillate your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garza Blanca Preserve Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort And Spa