All reviews close to the airport continental breakfast short stay pleasant pool area an airport hotel business hotel walking distance to marina yogurt would definitely stay here again one night rooms are clean exchange money wifi is free bus stop flat screen tv top floor location is great
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 3 niggts here on last week of July, and we loved the quiet environment on its surroundings. We were very close to the airport on the main port boulevard, also close to casinos and the docks. Going to downtown was a cheap uber trip away so we did not miss it. The AC Unit was superb, spacious room with pool view. Only minor setback was the breakfast was a continental one, not a hot one, non-typical of Mexico hotels. Other than that, we had zero issues, and even loced tge fact that next to is was a commercial plaza with a big box grocery store at the opposite end of it, allowing us to even buy prepared food and munchies at regular pricing. There were also a couple of food places that opened until late night for a quick fix. Recommend it for the price/value ratio ($65+tax/night)

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Jazmin or something similar. Food lady. The worst. Horrible attitude. I walk into food area and ask if it’s okay if I eat my outside food here and I receive an okay from hotel staff. There’s like 20 empty tables and two occupied tables with Hispanic people just on their laptops, so there is plenty of space to say the least... I’m sitting down putting salsa on my tacos and she forces me to leave midway. Just storms up with an attitude and yells me out of the restaurant. Rude. No “excuse me” or “I’m sorry but...”. Horrible. Will never go back to this hotel because of this experience with this employee. If you stay here, don’t go anywhere near this woman. Especially if you’re Asian, pretty sure that’s why her attitude towards me was so sour considering the ethnicity of other folks at tables also not eating hotel food.

Rooms are dirty and old. Walls covered in stains. One hand towel and one face towel are provided for a room with two beds.... Toilet leaked the whole time. However, livable and decent given the price.

Only positives are that there is A/C and front desk staff are nice and extremely helpful. I emphasize that the front desk folks are great, but it only takes one bad apple to ruin the bunch (Jazmin).

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
5  Thank phillybilly111
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

This our third visit to this hotel. It is always clean, easy check in, nice staff and quiet. There is a limited breakfast selection of granola, yogurt, cereal, toast and sweetbread, which was fine for us but would like to see them put out some muffins and a littl more sweetbread as it continually runs out. The pool is small but nice and clean and has a nice tropical feel and is quiet unlike the Holiday Inn Express across the street which the pool is rooftop and all you can hear is noise from street and car place next store.
The rooms are perfect size, beds are a little on the hard side but did not bother us anyway. They do need new pillows though. This hotel is right next to a small plaza where you can get clothes, food and pharmacy items and lots of banks if you need to exchange money.
The food in the restaurant is very good. Try the flank steak, it is great. We will be back.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2018

We recently stayed at the Comfort Inn in PV for four nights, at the end of a trip staying 2 other places. We were in room 427.

I'd stayed twice before but hubby had never been there. He really liked it. As always, it's between Plaza Marina shopping center (with banks and a large grocery) and the Marina Vallarta residential/commercial area, so we were an easy walk to both, in addition to having a bus stop nearby.

Our view (first time on that side of the building) was of the golf course AND we could see the cruise ships in port, to the south. We very much enjoyed opening our windows and having a breeze (thus, didn't need the AC) and looking at the golf course, mountains and ships. One morning a very exotic bird actually greeted us on our window sill.

As in the past, there is a small continental breakfast of coffee, juice, breads, cereals, fruits and yogurts. Our room was a double with double beds. Comfortable bedding (pillows and high-quality sheets). Lots of storage, which doesn't always happen in an airport hotel.

Standard amenities such as hair dryer on the wall, safe, etc. I had to make some local calls, so needed to take out a line of credit to use the phone to make the local calls. Paid in pesos on leaving.

The pool is very nice --- we used it peacefully two of our days --- except for a couple of issues. The steps going in are extremely steep/deep so it was difficult getting out. Hang on to the metal bar. Also, on our last day, a very large group came in and took over the full pool facilities --- loungers and tables --- bringing their own snack food and a 12-pack of beer (empty glass bottles and snack food wrappers strewn on the deck) so it was impossible to swim. Wish security had been present to enforce posted rules.

Other than the negative pool scene that one day, Comfort Inn suited our needs and we'll likely be back. Location is great. Maids are so sweet.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south get a view of the golf course
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarlySF
Reviewed April 3, 2018

My wife and I recently stayed at this great hotel. The room rate was well worth the amenities that they offer. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We will return to Puerto Vallarta in a few days and I have already booked my reservation. The entire staff was extremely courteous and professional. Just a few minutes south of the airport and right on the main carretera. Run to this value.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple