“Neat Location and Views”
Review of La Playita

La Playita
Ranked #215 of 1,028 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
San Francisco, California
“Neat Location and Views”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I snorkeled up to this eatery from the near by beach. I had to come back another day, you need a shirt to have a drink/eat. Drink were good, but very expensive, the food is... let's just say to cook for foreigners or expats.

The best part of this place is that it is open air and on the beach, and really the only restaurant around in that area.

• Visited November 2013

Redondo Beach, California
“Great Happy Hour”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Went there a couple of times for happy hour (12-1) two for one drinks and nachos and guacamole. Nice casual setting by the beach with good service. Breakfast was just OK, but convenient to where we were staying (at Quinta Maria Cortez). I'll be back.

Visited May 2014
Oregon
“Open aired ambiance, fantastic view of ocean, great food”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Being a member of Trip Advisor we have always heard everyone talk about La Playita. We couldn't wait to get there this trip. We had breakfast there last Monday and it wasn't crowded at all. Sat right on the "edge" by the rail- in the open aired restaurant which over looked the beach area and wonderful "rock formations." This is so dynamic- what a view.

Our server was very pleasant and attentive. I ordered something not on the menu and they made it for me and it was perfect. I wanted an "American Breakfast" and they made it to order... nice. This restaurant had a great "ocean breeze" and we just had the best time watching the waves as they forcefully came up and over and through the rocks. Afterwords we walked down the hall to see the photos of how Puerto Vallarta used to be as compared to how it is now. So fun to compare and see the difference. A very picturesque place to have a meal. I also have heard they have a fantastic Sunday Brunch but we did not do that this time.... for sure next time.

La Playita would be a wonderful place to take "wedding photos" when the tide is out. You can stand on the rocks at beach level and get some fabulous photos.

2 Thank 777Deana777
Huntington Beach, California
“Not impressed”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have read so much about the Sunday Brunch,since we were staying at the Lindo Mar we decided we must try it.Yes it has a great view,but for me that is all it has to offer(except the 2 for 1 HH)Let me say first that I am not a big breakfast eater.Most brunches that I have been to have some type of lunch offering,not heer ALL breakfast.I had a few pieces of fruit and that is all I could find for my liking(they didn't charge me thou).My wife had the waffles and said they were over done.She aso had a small omlette that was OK.We did split a club sandwich for lunch another day...nothing special at a resort price.

1 Thank George C
Ottawa, Illinois
“Fantastic Decor and View”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The sunsets are spectacular from this very typical Mexican décor restaurant. The menu is varied and quit good. The frittatas are the best that I have ever tasted. The drink master at happy hour does come up with some wonderful surprises. Be sure and try the Sunday Mexican brunch. This is truly a spot that you do not want miss no matter how short your stay in PV. Take the Mismaloya bus it drop you right in front of Lindo Mar the restaurant is on the beach level.Ttake the elevator down.