All reviews chile relleno flan comfortable bed refried beans other guests
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Hubby and I enjoyed a delicious dinner last night at the Casa Fantasia. I had the Salmon A LAS BRASAS and he had the BBQ COSTILLAS. Both dishes were excellant. The food, lovely mexican courtyard and attentive staff made for a memorable evening. Jorge and Ipilito have made this restuarnt the "place to visit" while in PV.

We are staying at the B&B too. It is lovely as well! We highly recommend both to all! We will be back again and again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a gorgeous restaurant. The staff rushes you some--but I know they have to make their money now--summer is long.

The food is decent--not outstanding. I ordered rack of lamb rare--it was grey meat. I would try it again. Our friends really like their meals.

Also, we were with friends; one said, "I only have 1200 pesos." He wanted to know if it would be enough; we told him it would. He paid his check with two 500 pesos as he wanted change for the tip. The waiter brought him change without 500 pesos in change. The waiter refused to admit his mistake. We got the manager; he did a count of the register. He came back and told us that the drawer balanced. Our friend's partner told him that he saw his partner put down 2 500's. Our friend had only 200 pesos left in his money clip. The owner/manager believed him and refunded his 500 pesos. The owner/manager said that he needed to fire the waiter; he said there was a 1000 peso mistake earlier in the week. So go as it is a lovely place; just be careful with your change. We live here over half the year and have been coming to PV for 19 years; this is the first time a mistake like this has happened. Glad the owner/manager rectified this.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank edward03
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Nice place for breakfast. Cute courtyard, very friendly service and and very good huevos rancheros.

Nice touch - they bring you a plate of fruit free of charge before the "main course".

I can't comment on the hotel side of the business, since I only had breakfast there - but I heard very good things.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Comida excelente y buen servicio, sin emgargo, la magia se acabó cuando nos dijeron que pedían el 20% de propina, lo cual me parece un abuso y fuera de lugar. Extranjeros o nacionales no deberiamos pasar por esto.

Excellent food and service, however, the magic went off when we were told they take 20% tip, it was an ugly joke. I will tell of the people living in the condo I work to be careful with this restaurant.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ade L
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We enjoyed the meal at reasonable price under 300pesos for two.The service to our table very good. Like the setting in the courtyard. Our friends did not know about the restaurant coming to Puerto Vallarta very impressed. The Shrimp contained the grande size wrapped in bacon and the mahi mahi very tasty with garlic.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple