“Double Up on Ribs, YES PLEASE”

El Torito Sports Bar & BBQ House
Ranked #138 of 1,182 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The sportsbar & BBQ House serving our world famous bbq ribs since 1982.
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My friend took me here and unknowingly I ordered something which I dont remember, but he knew why we were going there and ordered the ribs which on Tuesday or Wednesday is a 2 for 1 special.

Well, I had ribs and they were good, I wasn't going to have him eat 2 rack of ribs in front of me. I dont remember how much the whole meal was. --- I was buying :) ---- but I remember leaving thinking, that was a good deal !!!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Always watch my sports at El Torito whenever in Puerto Vallarta. Very convenient location two blocks from the bus stop behind Freddys Tucan. Plenty of tvs and good seats for the sport of your choice and great ribs .

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I am rating this place strictly based on how much my sports loving friends love the place. There aren't that many decent sports bars with food that won't kill you down here and this one is your best bet. I end up here a lot during high season with friends who are going to go crazy without seeing some sporting event or another on TV. Not being a sports fan or really much of a bar food fan I would probably never have walked in the place but sometimes you have to take one for the team. Prices are reasonable, service is friendly (sometimes they get overwhelmed though so be patient), and if you don't order anything to exotic the food is absolutely edible - try the ribs, peel and eat shrimp, burgers - you get the picture right? Drink a lot of beer - whoop and holla - pat your buddies on the back and try to pass for straight (at least I do). You can go out for tapas and wine tomorrow night.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Hey Duck Fans in PV-
El Torito's is the place to be to join other Ducks and watch all the Duck games televised on TV.
Air conditioning, plenty of space and best ribs, (2-4-1 from 2-4pm daily), in town....
In Old Town on bus route!
Football-Basketball-Softball-Baseball, etc.

See you this fall and GO DUCKS!!!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Went there to watch a hockey game, tons of people. A/C was nice, and yes, there is a sports book so you can make bets on horses, that was a lot of fun.

A guy in our party ordered the ribs and chicken, after 30 minutes the waiter was like, just a little bit longer. Not all of us were eating, just drinking and watching the game. After an hour, my friend asked to speak to the manager who said he'd take care of it and told my friend that it takes a while to cook chicken. Ha! We all had a laugh at that, an apology was what was needed.

Finally, honestly, 90 minutes later our friend gets his food and it was terrible, next day he was super sick, no one else in our group was, maybe coincidence. idk. The manager demanded that he pay for his meal, which was awful, I mean an hour and a half? Manager never apologized or tried to make things right, hence the 2 star rating.

That being said, tons of TVs and you can gamble, plus it's got A/C.

1  Thank D R