“Seafood at Great Prices”
Review of Melissa's

Melissa's
Ranked #71 of 1,022 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dear Custoers and Friends:Melissas's Restaurant is sorry to say we will be closing our doors for the summer season.We will reopen in the Fall.Looking forward to seeing you all again in the Fall,Warm regards,M & J.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Seafood at Great Prices”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Had not stopped in here until 6 months ago. Place looks like many others, walk right by. But inside is signed poster artwork of famed Marta Gilbert. She likes this spot and one taste by all 8 of us told us why. The fish is so fresh and prepared tastily. Mahi mahi done several ways melted in the mouth. Sample what interests you. Ceviche tostadas and seafood stews The owner and staff will make certain you are satisfied.
grb

• Visited January 2012

Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Air Conditioning”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was the only restaurant we ate at in Puerto Vallarta that did NOT have air conditioning. It was so stuffy in there. I can't understand why this place is rated so high. The food was okay and the service was good. Maria was really sweet, but the one thing that sticks out in my mind was how stuffy the place was. I couldn't even enjoy my food because I was so uncomfortable and sweaty. Don't go here if it's hot and humid outside!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank swimmerjenl
Los Gatos, California
“What a Gem”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We've been to Puerto Vallarta a number of times, and have relied pretty heavily on the recommendations of the concierge where we stay. Although I realize that many (if not all) of these folks are paid a commission for sending people in, it never occurred to me that the fact we were paying high prices for mediocre food (albeit great views) was because these places were probably paying the highest bribes ... errr ... referral fees.

This time, we decided to do things a little differently, and consulted TripAdvisor. I'm so glad we did. Armed with bus fare and scribbled directions from Google Earth in our hot little hands, we ventured forth into the hot and humid night.

Melissa's lives up to the recommendations here, and more. We arrived late -- about 9:00 p.m., at the beginning of the off season. Due to the heat and humidity, everyone was standing outside. When we walked up, we were greeted warmly, and invited in. We were the only people there, but it wasn't awkward. Melissa and her family were gracious, and made us feel very welcome -- her oldest son was our excellent server. The food was outstanding. The wine was good, and at the end of the night, we were treated to some tequila from the town of Tequila, along with a nice story that has made Tequila a destination stop for the next time we are in Puerto Vallarta.

As one reviewer mentioned, there is no view. The restaurant is on a little side street off of the Malecon. But in my opinion, these are the best. Besides, I'd trade the view for a great meal any day.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Yvonne M
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Wonderful”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Melissa's is Wonderful. Great food and family service. The food was wonderful and drinks were great... Prices very reasonable. Loved this little family run restuarant, just a very short walk off the Malecon, and then just caught the bus on the corner to go back home to the resort. See my review under tripadvisor resturants for my review and pics.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank wannagooo
Columbus, Georgia
“Wonderfully friendly family”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stopped in for lunch and had a very good meal. However, I'm not sure the red snapper was really snapper. I've fished for snapper and have never caught one with the teeth that this fish had. Never the less, it was a good meal for the four of us and we really enjoyed talking with one of the owners sons.

Visited May 2012