Tripadvisor
Puerto Vallarta

“Decent Pub Food Experience”

McCarthy's Irish Pub - Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #975 of 1,312 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Description: A place inspired in the classic Irish Pubs, with restaurant service and rock live. International beers, Food and snacks for a great time with friends.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

First let me say this place is not nearly as bad as the reviews it has received. It definitely is not Porfirio's which is across from it, but then again it is not the worst.
I'm not sure what people were expecting from an Irish pub in Mexico. 4 guys in our party ate here. We had burgers, hot dogs, Caesar salad and beer. If you are eating that kind of food in Mexico, what do you expect? Was it the greatest? No. It was very decent and inexpensive. Our service was adequate as was the food. It's a place that is close for us and we will be back for sure.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (70)

Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

Don’t bother there’s nothing Irish about the place .we met friends there and they were still waiting for food after an hour .after another 30 mins , still no food so we left .. they ran out of food for the all you can eat wings / fries .

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank 824simonh
Reviewed December 9, 2019

Good food, Good fast service,convenient location, just a short walk from our hotel, we will definitely be back next time.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 26, 2019

I am fortunate enough to have had a winter home in Puerto Vallarta for the past 5 years. McCarthy's Irish Pub is in the small shopping mall at the entrance to my condo and it's a miracle that I've never been there before as it's very convenient and I'm Irish! Last night a pal and I decided to fix that and go for a few drinks and a light dinner. We arrived to music so loud that we could barely hear ourselves think. I know that's hyperbole, so let's just say I had to shout to be heard. They have an extensive beer menu including Guinness Draught (not to be confused with Guinness on tap) and dozens of other beers. That's their strong suit, but everything after that does downhill pretty fast. The music was British heavy metal which might have partially accounted for the fact the place was about 20% full. We ordered their basket of chicken wings which they boasted were "the best wings in the world" (painted on the wall). In fact they were small (about 1/2 the size of wings served elsewhere), they were lukewarm, very dry and the sauce was bland at best. We next ordered onion rings and the boneless chicken tenders. The onion rings clearly came out of a box but tasted more like the box than onion rings and the chicken tenders were overcooked and dry.
While we were washing our dry chicken down a band arrived which was all women and actually pretty good. More guests arrived, but likely just for the beer and the band. We left early. Awful experience.

Date of visit: October 2019
2  Thank 756briano
Reviewed October 25, 2019

There's a reason you don't have a Irish pub in Mexico. The only good thing was the beer. Bacon on my sandwich was not cooked, rest of food was mediocre at best and staff just doesn't care. The bartender seemed in convinced to get off his phone to pour our beers and they all stood around talking after guests left instead of clearing the table. My dad and husband both said the bathroom smelled so bad they couldn't use it. Gross place and terrible experience. Wish we could give it a zero.

Date of visit: October 2019