“Too much for so little”

Vista Grill On The Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Vista Grill On The Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,097 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Vista Grill is now located on the beautiful beaches of Puerto Vallarta, offering the same level of sophistication and serving Modern Mexican Cuisine with a coastal feel. Our attention to detail and daily live music are sure to make your visit an enjoyable and unforgettable stop during your trip to Puerto Vallarta.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

You wouldn't know this place is connected to La palapa. Portions way to small and too pricey. I used to like this place but after my visit last week its off the list. Its easy to do a lot better in PV.View is great but I do like a reasonably priced meal !

1  Thank Timmac8000
Write a ReviewReviews (2,548)

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Arrived with no reservation after a letdown at another restaurant nearby. No troubles, lots of room! Seated and took about 5 min for wine list then another 10 to order wine. Sllllloooowwwww service here!
I had $80 peso per glass wine and hubby had beer because he wasn't spending $130 peso for. 5oz glass of Shiraz from chile.
To start he had scallops, so far underdone and under seasoned that I was concerned, as usual he is a trooper. I had the tuna tartar. It was very good, nice portion and seasoned well.
Warm breads and butter were nice touches.

Main course I had the seafood with risotto ( not really risotto but pretty good, skimpy on the seafood for $340 pesos though) 2 scallops that I asked for a little more well done, one 3 inch piece of octopus, two mussels cleaned poorly and two shrimp. Hubby had the steak which was really nice, the corn side was awful and badly textured ( think hardened wallpaper paste) veggies were underdone, carrots still crunchy. For a grand total of $1126 pesos and terrible service I would save your dollars and patience and head down the hill. The view is not that fantastic.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Highly recommend the Vista Grill. Have the salmon and tuna tartar - absolutely divine. The rest of the meal was very good too although some said their food was a bit cold. We found the service good.

1  Thank adrianf64
Reviewed January 4, 2014

A very special evening of fine dining way up above the city. While expensive for PV, it's actually reasonable by USA standards. Wonderful menu, excellent service!

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

The views are amazing but the service was so slow. There was such a large time gap between the delivery of the entree and when we finished our appetizers that they brought our table two salads. We were a party of seven. Nice gesture but we wanted our entrees. Not sure if I would rush back.