“Legit”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vista Grill

Vista Grill
Ranked #13 of 999 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Perched upon a hill overlooking the entire city of Puerto Vallarta, Vista Grill is a culinary experience with a view to match. Offering Modern Mexican Cuisine with superb attention to detail, the Vista Grill kitchen is always using the freshest locally available ingredients. Perfect for large groups and celebrations, or romantic dinners overlooking the bay, Vista Grill is a must for your trip to Puerto Vallarta.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Legit”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Ate dinner for sunset on Thursday Oct 31st. The view of the city was even better than the view of the sunset. Really neat to see Puerto Vallarta from this high up; and with the sunlight fading. Catch of the Day was great. The Marinated shrimp was perfect. And the Mojito was phenomenal. This was my first meal in PV, and ended up being my favorite. I even went to Ocean Grill for lunch the next day. It was excellent,, but Vista Grill was hands down my pick of the two.

I was worried that based off pictures you could have a bad seat. Meaning all the pictures looks so nice; that I thought surely you could get stuck in the middle and miss out. But it was clear there was not a bad seat in the house.

Service was great too. We had a couple of waiters. And both were extremely sincere and nice.

• Visited October 2013

home
“stunning views and amazing dining experience”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

we enjoy dining here every time we are in PV., many years, many fabulous dinners. it's an interesting trip to get there but once you enter the elegant and dramatic stairway up it's difficult not to feel excitement and anticipation levels rising! We have never ever been disappointed in any aspect of our meal. the staff is incredibly attentive without hovering and are able to answer ANY questions we may have regarding the food or cocktail or wine selection. the view is worth the trip. the entertainment has always been perfect for dining. but the food...exquisite! we always enjoy all courses offered, it's not inexpensive but very worth it! this restaurant was recommended to us several years ago, maybe 10 or more, by an employee of our hotel in Nuevo Vallarta. I thought it was too far to travel for dinner, but we were ready to try something new. Now it is the one restaurant that we make we dine at at least once per visit!

• Visited March 2013
Kirkland, WA
“Gorgeous Views and Sunset”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was for sure worth the visit for the views alone. Meal was quite nice and service was good. Don't miss this great spot!

Visited October 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Wonderful views; fantastic food”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We ate here around 9pm on a Tuesday night and there were only about 8 other people in the restaurant. I was concerned that maybe the restaurant was no longer living up to it's reviews.

This was not the case.

I had the Mexican tasting menu. The poblano pepper and bean soup was fantastic. For an entrée, I had the salmon. The salmon was overcooked and had way too many herbs on it. For dessert, I had the white chocolate mousse or something like that. It was very good.

My wife had the tenderloin and thought it was the best she has ever had.

You can't beat the view of Puerto Vallarta. I wish we had gone there earlier to see the sunset, but even at night, it is a beautiful view.

We would definitely eat here again.

• Visited October 2013
Davenport, Iowa
“Great food and a great view”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Although we have visited Puerto Vallarta twice in the last three years, this was our first visit to the Vista Grill and I am trying to figure out why we waited so long. Food and service were excellent and now we can't wait to go back.

Visited October 2013