“Coolest Bar in PV!”

Uncommon Grounds Chill Out Lounge
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoy a multi-sensory dining experience with us. Gourmet International Cuisine/Coffees/Teas/Desserts. Vegetarian Offerings. Large offering of alcohol/non-alcohol beverages.Complimentary aromatherapy inhalation of pure essential oils. Zen ambiance and decor. Slow food created and served with love.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have been here several times over the last couple of years when I'm town and this bar is the most eclectic, unusual, and comfortable bar in PV. There is nothing even remotely like it. The food is very fresh and Anne is behind the creations. We love the goat cheese appetizer that has basalmic vinegar, basil and pine nuts on top. The pita chips are light and crispy which is the way I like them, but rarely find them in most places. I haven't tried the baked ziti yet, but saw several people eating out of the same bowl the other night and each one rolled their eyes with pleasure, so I'm assumng it must have been pretty good!

Be sure to peruse the cocktail list. The names are creative and Lydia always makes every effort to make sure you are happy with the outcome. The first time we came here a couple of years ago, I mentioned that I loved the fact that they serve their white wine really, really cold and after awhile, Lydia brought me a new cold glass and poured my wine into the new glass to keep it cold! I was so impressed with that kind of attention to service, that we have been coming back ever since. Even more outstanding was that the other night I was in there drinking a glass of wine and she remembered (from 2 years ago) that I liked my wine really cold! With the combination of fantastic food, drinks, and service, this place will be around for a long time, I hope!

1  Thank Loubec

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Owners Chef Ann and Barrista Lydia attend to your every need. A cozy, eclectic lounge, complete with dining menus that change with the tides -- for solo, couples, small groups. Thanks, Ladies, for combining a little New York New York flavor with our Puerto Vallarta.

6  Thank Candi N
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I decided to go for an early dinner on our 28th anniversary and were lucky enough to beat the crowd. The owners, Anne and Lydia, were friendly and engaging without hovering, and the quirky zen atmosphere had us relaxed and smiling in no time (aided by an outstanding margarita or two). We ordered salads with shrimp and found the fresh organic greens to be the most flavorful I can remember. Delicious desserts, too... and we even got hugs from the owners on our way out!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

if you have not tried Uncommon Grounds Chill-Out lounge it is a must! The atmosphere, food, owners (Anne and Lydia) is an experience you will not forget. If you are a local as many of us are... you will return many times over to enjoy the complete experience. The consistency is what makes them the best place in Puerto Valarta to do just that...chill out and enjoy their fabulous drinks and food! Be sure to complete your dining experience with one of their desserts and coffee drinks.

Jean Aston

1  Thank Jean A
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We got to know Uncommon Grounds by accidently passing by, and it was a marvelous surprise. From the drinks, the meals, to the atmosphere and quality of time, it was an amazing experience and definitely recommendable! Lydia and Anne, the owners, treat their customers as guests in their own house, and after a 5h dinner, we left with two new friends! Definitely a must in any visit to Puerto Vallarta!

2  Thank JorgeAlvesLino