“Best Value in the best location for fun in Puerto Vallarta. PERIOD!”

and 1 more site!
Vallarta Sun Suites & Hotel
Ranked #84 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed December 12, 2010

Wow.. This hotel is a bargain at $68 a night and in the best location. They even have a new , super clean hostel attached to the hotel which is $18 a night. Right in the Romantic zone in the 2nd block straight in from the Los Muertos pier . My friend who is 55 stayed in the hostel for 2 weeks and loved it. The $18 even includes breakfast and he said he met fun, interesting, and friendly people every morning. The owner/ host is a really sweet person and very helpful. The rooms are very clean and the one we was right in the pool area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Wholyjim

Reviewed November 18, 2010

this hotel is like a little oasis in a town of chaos. i have heard that tourism is down, and the hotel here isn't full, but even if it was, i think that it would be pleasant. i had a pool side room (adults only, so there are no children running around) and 2 beautiful nights of deep sleep. thank you mexico!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2010

The location of the hotel was superb. Me and my wife loved the cleanliness and the great service. The staff is very friendly and attentive to all their guests. I would definetly reccomend it to family and friends. I hope to return soon.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2010

This was my second stay here and I loved it!! Everything is so clean and well manteined, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, the manager is great, always in a good mood and trying to make you feel at home. The location is amazing just one block from the main beach and all the action but at the same time is nice and quiet so you can relax.
I definitely recommend this perfect little place.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank travellerpv
Reviewed April 24, 2010

I just spent a short week at the Vallarta Sun hotel (not the suites section - larger rooms with kitchens). It is a great place for real central, cheap and calm lodging - small buildings with maybe 15 rooms built around a small courtyard with pool.

I stayed in room 206 on the top floor at the end - had the largest balcony with views through the buildings of the bay. Everything worked well and the manager (Ricardo and his wife) are great and speak excellent English. The room has an old but well-functionning AC (being gradually replaced by split ACs), a small fridge, coffee maker, microwave oven and a safe. Apparently if you stay a full month prices fall about in half - a real good deal, and often the place is booked by people staying for extended periods. There is a nice common area with a small pool and a covered sitting area with wifi access (I often could get it from my room balcony too). Despite being real central, inside the hotel area it is calm and quiet - a haven from the nearby bustle. In fact, as I was right at the very end of their season (they close for several months at the end of April), it was even too calm - I was maybe one of two guests staying there for most of the time...

I also checked out the Dona Susana hotel a block over - another hotel I'd considered for my stay. There, the roof-top pool area is real nice, sociable and has great views, but the rooms were smaller and not as nice (but maybe abit better decorated). I'd suspect that there is much more noise at the Dona Susana given their setup (some room windows open directly to the inner hotel hallway and others directly on the street), and it is also somewhat more expensive. If having access to the other Los Arcos properties is important, the Dona Susana is a good option; otherwise I'd prefer to stay at the Vallarta Sun.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Tom11
Reviewed April 17, 2010

This is the second year in a row we’ve stayed long term at Vallarta Sun Suites (Jan-Mar). The location is fabulous, 1 ½ blocks from Los Muertos Beach and walking distance to many wonderful restaurants and the Malecon. The entire staff, Ricardo, Kathy, Carmen, and Jorge have done everything within their power to make our stay pleasant and comfortable. We requested additional padding for the mattress due to our back issues, and Carmen provided exactly what we needed. Carmen also supplied us with an umbrella and Jorge attached it to the railing of the balcony to help with the afternoon sun. We consider this our winter home and have booked the same unit for 2011 and looking forward to many more visits.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MajBobL
Reviewed April 17, 2010

Both my wife and I can say enough about this establishment and the owners of this establishment. We have been to many places in and around Mexico and this place beats all others hands down. The place is one of the best spots I have ever stayed in Mexico. The hotel is wonderful, it's clean,quiet,superb owners/managers,staff all top notch and very dedicated. Vallarta Sun Hotel is close to everything. Ricardo is like a brother I have never had and since becoming best of buddies (almost 8 years) there is never a dull moment when we share our past adventures with places we have visited and people who always seem to come back to a place call home away from home. Ricardo now has a great hostel for the young travellers that arrive from all over. It to is a great stay for those needing a stop over until there next venture. Trust me this is one place you will have to check out. And one more thing Ricardo is a very happy gentlemanwho loves people and takes alot of pride in his pace. It shows. He will answer any questions you may have from places to go, places to eat, and the many things to do while you are there. The last thing I would like to say is that since Ricardo and I have a great friendship we never say "goodbye". Guranteed my wife and I will be back.
Cheers,