All reviews great location romantic zone casa maria would stay here again clean rooms nice pool great place to stay pool side zona romantica microwave balcony mexico olas omar cabs
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

Great place to stay in. Super close to the beach and bars, but far enough to keep away all the noise from the street.
Friendly staff and guests.
All amenities included are amazing. Clean rooms and nice pool.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2019

Lovely Mexican hotel in the center of old town. Beautiful room with large bathroom, large closet, shower, balcony and two double beds for an incredible price. Large fridge, microwave and safe. Right in the middle of old town. Friendle staff, pool, totally safe. Would definitely return.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed April 4, 2019

This hotel has been renamed to avoid confusion with another. You get a bit more than you pay for in a sense (depending on the deal and time of year) for the location; which is about a block off the primary tourist street that parallels the Melecon / beach boardwalk. This hotel is on the very street that leads to the picturesque little pier / photo-op on the beach. It now is called CASA MARIA, and I had a ground-floor room with great AC, good WiFi, housekeeping was excellent. The manager (OMAR) is terrific, informative and very helpful with any needs. I should mention that IF you arrive other than normal hours let them know; because not every evening was staffed at the front desk. They have made an effort to have a night lady there; but as for checking-in (or out) it's probably better to do so when Omar is present. They have remodeled it 'somewhat'; the pool is perfect; and again it's all about location. There is a hill which is somewhat step (sidewalk steps available) for about 50 yards; so it's not a problem if you are in normal shape; but like most of Mexico, the whole city is not exactly ADA compliant :) I loved PV (my first visit) and definitely plan to return. This was Zona Romantica, which is 'old town'; ... and I suggest Coco's for breakfast and an Organic natural food place (name slips me excellent salad bar and smoothies). CASA Maria: a good value and pleasant, although no food or beverages available at all on-site.

Reviewed March 12, 2019

First of all, this hotel is now renamed "Casa Maria." This is a small and quiet hotel located just off Olas Altas, straight up from the pier. Our room (101) was small with "rustic mexican" decor, yet clean and well maintained. The common areas, including a beautiful pool area, have a more modern style. The few interactions we had with staff was pleasant. My only objection, and the reason i don't award 5 stars, is this hotel has no food or drink service. A small bar in the pool area with a small lunch selection and a drinks menu would have lifted my experience. If so, I would probably have spent a day or to by the pool instead of going to the beach, which I normally do on holiday.
This means, also no breakfast service. Nearby options I would recommend are Tizoc for simple and cheaper, and Coco´s Kitchen for a nice garden and slightly more upscale experience.
All in all, would stay here again, and definitely if they get a pool bar!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2019

After a trip 2 years ago to a popular Romantic Zone Resort, I was wary, but not a worry!!
We arrived mid afternoon for a 5 night stay, check in was fast and helpful. Our pool-side room was so clean, everything looked new and fresh, great relief!
Hunger took over and we had a super meal only 100M away. For the rest of our stay, we were looked after well, daily room service was thorough. We will definitely choose this little resort again, it is officially changing name to Maria Boutique.
Well done!

Room tip: Poolside or up stairs, no elevator buy only 3 floors
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends