I stayed in the hostel part of this place for a total of 3 nights, while passing through in May 2013. I stayed 2 nights, then stored my pack at the hostel for 5 days while I went to Sayulita, before returning to stay another night--and then flying home. I must say, I totally appreciated their willingness to store my pack, free of charge. Not all hostels will do this; though I think it's an easy way to score points with guests.
Though there was no free breakfast (common in Mexican hostels), and this was one of the most expensive hostels I stayed in, I still felt like it wasnt a bad value. This is the kind of place where you could potentially party and have a good time enjoying Puerto Vallarta's nightlife while also managing to get a good night sleep. The dorms are small, with only 3 bunks, sharing a bathroom, meaning you're not sleeping near too many strangers and when it's quiet, you may just get the room to yourself. Each bed has a locker, and reading lamp; nice pillows, decent mattresses. The kitchen is excellent and there is wifi and a computer and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooftop pool is clean and well maintained. The hostel is located a block from the malecon/beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the romantic zone of Puerto Vallarta just a few steps away from one of the most attractive sandy beaches - Playa de los Muertos - and surrounded by great cafes and restaurants, our location allows you to walk to the most beautiful places in town. Enjoy the quietude while staying in the heart of Old Puerto Vallarta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Vallarta Sun Suites & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vallarta Sun Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Vallarta Sun Suites And Hotel