It's hard to write a review for Casa Carole right now because three days back, we're still missing it tremendously! After several extremely helpful conversations with owners Carol and John, and hours spent looking at the pictures of the property online, Casa Carole somehow exceeded our expectations in every way. We were a group of five adults and four children and here's what we loved about Casa Carole:
- A house offering the perfect balance between wonderful gathering spots (the dining room, the pool) and privacy afforded by bedrooms on different levels.
- Nature's sound machine of breaking waves lulling you to sleep every night.
- Tidepools for the kids to explore and snorkeling among the lava rocks just steps away from your private pool.
- The perfect crow's nest for parents. Sit on one of the two decks (one shaded, the other warmed by the sun) above the pool reading a book while the kids swim. Each hour or so, look over the railing and say, "be nice to your sister, don't hold her head underwater." Resume reading.
- Waverunners and private boats brought directly to your beach for affordable hourly rentals.
- Views, views and more views. From every window and deck on the house.
But most of all, we miss Pepe, Mari and Carmen. They are more than a staff, they are completely invested in your happiness on your trip. Pepe does a little of everything, from booking trips to serving drinks, always with a smile and care. Mari cooks the most delicious food that we know little about Puerto Vallarta's restaurants...because we only visited one in a week. And Carmen slips quietly in and out of rooms like a shadow converting your room from a mess to immaculate and you wondered when she did it.
From the moment we inquired about the property to the moment we sadly left Casa Carole's driveway, this was an A+, luxury experience. I cannot recommend it highly enough, provided you don't book the week we want to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carol & I built Casa Carole right on the beach several years ago. We asked the architect to design the villa so it would be ideal for rental, with each bedroom having a full bathroom ensuite and a balcony with views of the tropical jungle and the sea. Casa Carole is a traditional Colonial Mexican villa with exposed adobe brick arches, marble floors and beamed ceilings. The decor features hand crafted furniture, Mexican art and sculptures, plus handmade glassware and linens. It is truly a Mexican family house. Our guests rave about our staff of four; chef, houseman/concierge, maid and pool-man for their courtesy, friendliness and competence. Our staff really makes a difference. We have successfully rented Casa Carole for the past many years with a growing clientele who come back for more. ... more less