“Best breakfast EVER”

Dining options: Lunch
Helena, Montana, United States
“Best breakfast EVER”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is Robyn's husband riding this review. I was looking for somewhere to eat huevos. The smell stopped me in my tracks, I looked at the menu, then noticed it was only locals eating. I knew it would be good. By far the best breakfast I've ever had. True mexican food at its best. I had the chilaquiles with verde sauce, mexican style eggs, orange juice, and drip coffee. All for 80 pesos. If you want a true mexican meal, then you MUST go here. While eating I met a food blogger from Canada, enough said. Great food, experience, and service.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Robyn S

Huntington Beach, California
“Best meal”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was my best meal that I had during my 8 day trip.I didnt even know what I ordered,I just pointed to the sign and told them to bring me that.It was some kind of peppered steak with potatoes,carrots,veggies.It came with soup,I did the same and pointed.I don't even know what it was but was delicious!Also came with tortillas and a large juice drink.Get this,all this for only 60 pesos($5USD).I wish that I would have found this place earlier in my trip!This place should not be missed.

• Visited July 2013
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“True local flavor”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

we stumbled on this restaurant after a pedicure next door. Great local food, not the same ol' thing for tourists. Most patrons are local and the food is excellent . My Mother in law would eat there every day. Go during the week for lunch for a 2 course meal for 60 pesos. The veg. cream soup is really tasty. Week-end breakfast the usual at a fraction of the cost for most restaurants. Only 6 tables so the service is on spot. Menu changes daily.

• Visited June 2013
Vancouver, BC
“Delicious set menu for only 60 pesos.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I love this little Mexican restaurant. It is a typical place known as a "fonda" in Mexico. Your meal includes the daily "agua" (a variety of fruit mixed with water), soup and a main course. When I visited the drink was Jamaica, hibiscus flowers mixed with water and sugar. The soup was a lovely vegetable with spinach. For the main course there was a choice of about 10 different entrees. I had curried chicken with rice, refried beans and broccoli. It's by no means haute cuisine, but if you're looking for a cheap home cooked meal, you can't go wrong at Dianita. Very friendly staff might only speak Spanish, but you can point your way to a great meal, or order something you've never heard of and get a surprise - why not?! -- it's only 5 bucks!

• Visited April 2013
New York City
“OK, but not great”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

A popular spot for lunchtime "comida corrida" -- fixed price includes soup and main course--that has apparently been around for years. I had, new to me, machaca and eggs, and I wish I knew what to tell you all it was -- sort of shredded meat and scrambled eggs-- but tasty. Now my poor partner did not want the featured "chicken pibil" because it was made with white meat, so Dianita suggested another chicken preparation which, unfortunately, he misunderstood. It was called "pollo tetracini [sic] " which was in a cream sauce and served with noodles, and just not what he wanted on a hot summer day. I, always the martyr, switched plates. An OK choice for lunch, but not fab.

Visited March 2013