“great food”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Des Moines, Iowa
“great food”
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Nice place and has good prices. They have 2 ..100 peso specials that come with a beer or margarita. Tenor was our server and did a great job. There was 6 of us and 5 had the fish special . All prepared in different ways. The place is tucked away at the end of a street off Olas Altas. You can eat inside or outside

• Visited February 2011

Tracy, California
“Very Poor”
Reviewed December 23, 2010

My food was not prepared as ordered; the steak was way over cooked and hard. After the owner took the food back but I was still charged for it. They use young children as waiters. It is not a restaurant I would recommend to anyone.

The resultant is located at the end of the road and situated in an open garage on concrete

“Go here - Awesome food & service!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2010

We love supporting the mom and pop restaurants and missed this one until tonight. They try to wave you down the block but for some reason I always thought they were just trying to sell something. I'm so used to the vendors and basically said no gracias. Then tonight at first I thought he wanted us to stop in the coffee shop/restaurant on the corner. I again said no gracias but we wandered down the street and looked at the menu. Then it occurred to me he was trying to get us here. Had no idea this was really back there and wish it was on the beaten path so they could get more service because it was not only good food but EXCELLENT service. Everyone gets a free beer or margarita, can't beat that. And he makes you roses out of napkins and a daisy out of a straw and toothpick. Also a little flower from a cigarette! He just rolls out the tobacco and voila!

Perfecto place for dinner. Wish it wasn't our 2nd to last night here so we could have brought in more business.

Burnaby, Canada
“Our restaurant dining "home away from home"!”
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Los Tres Delfines has been our 'first-night in town' dining spot for the past few years, and it was again during a recent stay (April-May '10). However, we were only able to dine there twice during this stay, as Tenor closed for the "summer season" rather early this year. A shame, as the two meals we did have there this time, were amongst the most-enjoyed during our stay.
We had: the chicken fajitas 'special of the day' the first time (100 pesos), and the bbq ribs 'special of the day' the second time (100 pesos) - each were very good, tasty, and cooked and presented well. Each meal included a free margarita, with good-tasting nachos & salsa, and with each entree, a small salad, veggies, frijoles, and basket of toast and/or tortillas.
Good food, well-prepared, friendly, good service, served up in a small, pretty outside courtyard setting. Nice, friendly people we know and like, and for us, our dining 'home away from home'. Our kudo's to Tenor, and all, for what they do, and how they do it!! We hope to be back when Los Tres Delfines opens again at the end of October.

3 Thank johnny2bc
BC
“Great Value, Good Food and Service”
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I chose Los Tres Delphines for my first night's dinner in Puerto Vallarta in March 2010 and was not disappointed. The restaurant is located in a quiet, darker end of the street, so if one was feeling tired and overwhelmed after the hustle and bustle of airports and taxis, it is a relaxing spot. There are both open air tables with candles and soft patio lighting and tables under the roof area.

Los Tres Delphines is very good value, and service was attentive and friendly.

Prices are very reasonable and every night there are two specials that are priced even lower. A Margarita or beer is included in the price of all meals, and the complimentary chips and salsa were great. I had Red Snapper at 100 pesos, and the other special that night was BBQ Ribs, also at 100 pesos.

The whole Red Snapper was cooked to perfection. My daughter didn't like seeing the head, so I covered it up with a napkin, which our server found amusing. "Next time ask for the head to be removed," he advised me! I had the Margarita to drink which was beautifully presented and very tasty. My daughter had the shrimp done in garlic (135 pesos) and she thoroughly enjoyed these. They were very fresh and a generous serving. Too young for alcohol, her soft drink was included in the meal price.

All of this for under Cdn$10 per person (plus tip). Don't you wish you had it this good at home!

2 Thank pumpermum