“The little hidden garden”
Review of Fusion Gourmet

Fusion Gourmet
Ranked #178 of 1,036 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Had lunch here several times, and dinner a few times. This is a great place, and particularly convenient if you are staying across the road in the Tropicana.

The little courtyard garden is lovely, and the next terrace too.

The menu is limited - a good sign I think - and the quality of everything I had was great. At lunch the avocado and shrimp is the best, and the octopus salad. One evening I had steak, and it was very high quality meat.

All the staff are really accommodating and friendly.

This place may be marginally "off the beaten track", but I hope they do well in this restaurant competitive city - certainly deserves to.

1  Thank philipoconnor
There are newer reviews for Fusion Gourmet

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has a lot of potential, but I think they are trying to do too much by offering three levels of experience on three separate levels of space: dining, drink lounge, dance/club scene. My significant other wanted to listen to the live entertainment which was on the dining level. I consented, but we had already eaten. I ordered coconut shrimp which was listed on the prix fix menu but not on the regular menu. Five pieces of shrimp came drowned in honey mustard dressing and the overall flavor was just average. No big deal until I received my bill and was charged $ 250 pesos for the shrimp. I was grateful that I had eaten already! I speculate that the high food cost is necessary to make up for the other two levels which are poorly patronized. We will be reluctant to go back for dinner. Drinks on one of upper levels might be a better option for an economically conscientious patron.

1  Thank Clint_in_KC
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Fusion Gourmet was close to our lodgings in the Zona Romantica of PV. We tried it on our first night and liked it so much we ended going back there four more times during our 2 week stay. The menu is limited but everything we tried was excellent. It is a nice change from the regular Mexican fare. We particularly liked the avocado shrimp and the coconut mahi mahi. The prices are very reasonable and the cooking refined. Pleasant courtyard and balcony dining.

1  Thank Frits1
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

If you are staying at the south end of PV, this is a great spot for breakfast. The portions are just right; filling, but not so big as to make a day in the sun uncomfortable. The tables are all in the beautiful courtyard that is well cloistered from the street. If you want lots of cream in your coffee, make sure and say how much you want as you will be asking for more if you don't.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

As we are regular guests at the Tropicana Hotel we have watched several attempts made to open and sustain a restaurant right across the street from the hotel. They all have been short lived. The current editition, Fusion Gourmet, is going to make it. They offer a half price night on Wednesdays so we deciced to try it. Luckily we had made reservations as the place was crowded. The menu selection was different than most of the restaurants in the area, lots of outdoor seating,and the food was excellent. The European owners are on the premises running things in a hands on manner. The only criticism might be that the wait staff needs to fine tune their table service as there seems to be minor confusion at times. The night that we were there the owner even opened up the top terrace to accomodate the diners. We look forward to returning to Fusion Gourmet on our next trip.

1  Thank princepaddy