“Watch the sunset”
Review of Oasis Hostel

Oasis Hostel
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I really enjoyed this hostel. It's not very close to the beach, but a quick and cheap bus ride gets you there easily - and gives you a bit more of a Mexican experience. The walk from town is beautiful too. I stumbled upon a great local restaurant on the way which served amazing margaritas and guacamole for a fraction of the price of anywhere in the centre. In the evening families also sell tacos on the street near the hostel, they're amazing and cheap.
The convenience store next to the hostel is a great place to get cheap beer and drink it on the balcony and watch the sunset. Vallarta sunsets are amazing, and I recommend watching them from the beach and from the Oasis balcony if you have time. The view over the town is really special.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The guy is not very flexible if you arrive later than you said due to flight constraints. It is not even close to the center nor the beach, you have to walk like 20 minutes to arrive these places. It is also very noisy since it is next to the highway, in a not very touristic place. However, the place is nice inside.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
guillermovm, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Oasis Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2016

We clearly state that we do not have 24 check in, we clearly have the location map displayed and walking 15 minutes anywhere has never been an issue before in Barcelona, Paris or Rome, why should it be in PV? We have been open for 11 years and we have been rated one of the best hostels in Mexico. We believe that we cannot please everyone, but we sure will try! Come Visit!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

You can't beat the location at the downtown hostel. Close to shopping, clubs, and bus service. Some of the best hosts I have found on my world travels. Whatever you want to do, they can hook you up. The terrace is a perfect place to chill.
Bruce E.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed at Oasis hostel for 6 days in early June and had a blast. Guillermo really makes you feel welcome and keeps this place incredibly clean and fun. I was in town for a wedding and actually skipped my last night (already paid for!!!) in a fancy all-inclusive resort in Nuevo Vallarta to come back and spend another day at Oasis. The hostel in Centro is a bit louder and more of a party atmosphere, but the one back away from the Malecon had a great, laid-back vibe. Hope I have a chance to make it back sometime soon!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed at the Oasis Hostel on a study abroad trip. It was like our home away from home. The place is beautifully decorated with painted tiles and murals, and the rooftop terrace is a lovely place to chill with a book. The rooms are a little bit tight when they're full. The staff is very welcoming, makes you feel at ease, and does a great job at giving you your bearings in the city and suggesting places to go and things to do.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Traveling to Puerto Vallarta with 27 college students can be crazy, expensive, and difficult to manage, but staying at the Oasis Hostel with Guillermo and his staff was a wonderful experience. He and his staff were accommodating and made us feel instantly at home. The staff at the hostel also ensured that we got the true PV, Mexico experience by taking us to restaurants off the beaten path, suggesting and going to some of the exciting night clubs and bars, and giving us tips and experiences we otherwise wouldn't have gotten had we stayed in a hotel. Not once did I feel unsafe or unwelcome on our trip, and I would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank TruTravel_12
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Yes I was received with a beer, lunch from guests, an invitation to a live muay Thai fight ringside, and lots of friendly conversation. Then my motorcycle was well care for in the private parking in the rear. Restaurants, local sights, and much more information was provided. Lastly I had a very nice time visiting with Guillermo and getting to hamm out with his friends. I am now seeing many places in Mexico per his recommendations from frequent travels. Gracias mi amigo u hast a pronto!

Stayed: March 2012