“Great place to stay in PV!”
Review of Oasis Hostel

Oasis Hostel
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed at Oasis hostel for 6 days in early June and had a blast. Guillermo really makes you feel welcome and keeps this place incredibly clean and fun. I was in town for a wedding and actually skipped my last night (already paid for!!!) in a fancy all-inclusive resort in Nuevo Vallarta to come back and spend another day at Oasis. The hostel in Centro is a bit louder and more of a party atmosphere, but the one back away from the Malecon had a great, laid-back vibe. Hope I have a chance to make it back sometime soon!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed at the Oasis Hostel on a study abroad trip. It was like our home away from home. The place is beautifully decorated with painted tiles and murals, and the rooftop terrace is a lovely place to chill with a book. The rooms are a little bit tight when they're full. The staff is very welcoming, makes you feel at ease, and does a great job at giving you your bearings in the city and suggesting places to go and things to do.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Traveling to Puerto Vallarta with 27 college students can be crazy, expensive, and difficult to manage, but staying at the Oasis Hostel with Guillermo and his staff was a wonderful experience. He and his staff were accommodating and made us feel instantly at home. The staff at the hostel also ensured that we got the true PV, Mexico experience by taking us to restaurants off the beaten path, suggesting and going to some of the exciting night clubs and bars, and giving us tips and experiences we otherwise wouldn't have gotten had we stayed in a hotel. Not once did I feel unsafe or unwelcome on our trip, and I would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank TruTravel_12
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Yes I was received with a beer, lunch from guests, an invitation to a live muay Thai fight ringside, and lots of friendly conversation. Then my motorcycle was well care for in the private parking in the rear. Restaurants, local sights, and much more information was provided. Lastly I had a very nice time visiting with Guillermo and getting to hamm out with his friends. I am now seeing many places in Mexico per his recommendations from frequent travels. Gracias mi amigo u hast a pronto!

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I'm a fan of hostels. Amenities that are important to me such as clean toilets and showers, a comfortable bed, great location, strong WIFI connection, a WIFI password that does NOT have to be reset all the time and free breakfast are what I look forward to. I found all of these at the DOWNTOWN Oasis Hostel in Puerto Vallarta. I think I paid $20+ dollars a night, which is a fraction of what I'd pay if I were anti-social enough to bunk with the rest of America in the resorts. Why go to Mexico if you are in a bubble?

One of the managers, Juan, took us and the girls to the clubs for FREE! It definitely pays to know the bouncers and promote their venues for future travelers. We danced salsa at La Bodegita and enjoyed electronica and pop music at Mandala. Don't miss it!

All in all, Downtown Oasis Hostel in Puerto Vallarta is a MUST. Stay here and you'll definitenly have fun, meet fellow travelers and get your tan on in 5mins since its just a short walk to the beach. Oh, did I mention that the Malecon is just a block over and the awesome Cathedral is just right behind it?

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mariessima
Reviewed December 14, 2011

we stayed here everything was nice clean just as we were about to leave i came down with food poisoning and the accomodated for me very well and made sure i was ok and got treatment i needed

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2011

First impressions are everything and as I came up to the building, it was even more impressive than I had imagined. After entering the door I was met with a warm welcome and a beer! The location was perfect for me since it was in an area away from the touristic zone where you can really take in the culture. The rooms are kept very clean, the terrace has the best view and the art found throughout the hostel is mesmerizing. The hostel has a warm feel and the others staying here became my family during my stay. Guillermo is awesome, I can't say it enough. He's there to party with you or have a heart to heart, anything you want. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo