Outdoor Adventure by Vallarta Adventures
and up
Puerto Vallarta Outdoor Adventure Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For all you thrill seekers, experiencing our Outdoor Adventure is an absolute must. An ecological rollercoaster ride fully loaded with excitement, challenges, and non-stop fun. This exciting eco-tour brings out the wide-eyed child in all of us. With some of Mexico's highest and longest zip-lines, at almost 1,000 ft long and 250 ft high and rappelling down waterfalls, it's no wonder that many people have referred to the experience as one of the greatest adventures on earth. Book your activitie online and get 3 tours for the price of 2 - with 15% off all tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 21, 2010

We did the canopy adventure while in port sailing on the Carnival Splendor. Although it is pricey and will take up most of the day ii was well worth it. We had a fantastic time on the course and were able to see a side of Puerto Vallarta hidden to most visitors. After a bumpy 45min ride to the course we were greeted by a fun and professional staff who took great care of us. Be warned it is not an easy course, I'm 27 and fit, but it still was a bit of a challenge; especially because of the heat and humidity. Some people couldn't keep up and had to be led along the secret "I give up" trail. Also be prepared to spend a pretty penny on photos. You can't bring a camera and they will charge between $25-$100 for the photos they take of you. However even with all that this was still one of the best travel experiences we have had. We are planning it again on our next trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,718)

Reviewed April 26, 2010

My wife, daughter and son-in-law did this zip line tour this March and loved it. I must say I am shaky when it comes to heights but this was just fine. These folks at Vallarta Adventures know how to take care of you. Their equipment is top of line and very safe. The staff was top notch and entertaining but always keeping you secure. I believe there were 15 stations in all with around 10 being ziplines. The rest were either swinging bridges or rope ladders. At the end we rappeled to the ground. The hardest part, physically, was the swinging bridges and rope ladders, but if you are in reasonably good condition you can do it.

You can't take your cameras, of course, so you should be prepared to shell out some bucks for a CD full of photos taken by their photographer. I think it was $30 for the CD and there were probably 20 photos. If you are a couple - X 2.

Reviewed April 26, 2010

We wanted to thank Team D (Alex, Hugo 1, Hugo 2 and Luis) they were fantastic and made our Canopy Adventure Park experience one to remember. The location, the ride to the park, the ziplining, the rappeling, everything was fantastic. It is the guides that really make this tour so great as they look after you so well and make it really fun even when you have a fear of heights like I do. You are picked up from Vallarta Adventures office at Puerto Vallarta Marina and driven in an open air bus/truck about 50mins to the Canopy Adventure Park. Once you arrive they talk to you about safety, and what to do and expect. Then you are off straight away to the first zip line, with lots of guides to help you all the way. I was nervous but funny enough I never felt scared as I trusted the guides from the beginning. I didn't realize we would be rappeling on this tour so when I got to that point I felt my heart sink, but again the guides talked me through it and made me feel confident and relaxed instead of nervous, it was even a great experience and now I can't wait to do it again. At the end you can browse through the pictures which are taken of you, all of which are taken so well and if you like them you can buy them. Also at the end we enjoyed sandwiches and some light snacks. Even if you are scared of heights, don't hesitate book this tour you will feel safe with these guides, they were Fantastic.
Thanks Again
Mai (UK) & John

Reviewed April 25, 2010

We had a great time on the Canopy Adventure by Vallarta Adventures. I highly recommend any tour by Vallarta Adventure they really are good and we reserved ahead of time through a new website from Puerto Vallarta Tours and Concierge and we saved big compared with the Hotel Concierge prices, great response time, we will definitely use them again
This Canopy starts off with a wonderful ride through the Mexican countryside in big yellow all terrain vehicles. Once at the basecamp you get the safety demonstration and the difference with them and other zipline tours is the double line - which could be important.
I was a little anxious about doing the tour, for the heights, but the guides really where excellent and took my mind off my worries and I loved everyone of the 16 ziplines. Another difference between this and other tours is the bridges and walkways and also the rappel which is a blast as well.
Don't forget to take some money for the souvenir photos and videos you really can't pass up the opportunity to show everyone back at home just how brave you are.

1  Thank RoccoMaia
Reviewed April 23, 2010

My twin 18yo boys took the tour and had a fantastic time. The had never done anything like this before, but said the guides were very helpful and they felt very safe. The pictures showed just how much fun they had, and I thought the price of the photos was reasonable given how many were on the CD. My kids are now hooked on zip lining and rappelling!