“Quiet and clean”

Ranked #107 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
San Diego, California
“Quiet and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I did my research before selecting this location because I was concerned that it would be bad because it was inexpensive. Many of the reviews I found were not good, but I think it's because others were expecting something different. This is a small place, but the rooms were clean and spacious, the staff extremely friendly and the location is good. I believe everyone who stays here gets to use the Club Regina amenities literally across the street. Club Regina has everything you need. Good restaurants, a lovely beach and pools and exceptional service. You can walk up the street to the bars and restaurants in the Westin, to a convenience store and good taco shops and a few blocks further to the restaurants and shops in the marina. Overally my group of four really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jen B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We actually styled across the way at the regina raintree resort but decided as owners to go and check the villa Vera out to see what it's about. It's so sad cause its actually a really pretty little boutique resort but I suppose it's just tired and no longer maintained due to low occupancy. The view of the resort from the pool are is very pretty. We did not get a chance to see the rooms so I cannot comment. However the grounds landscape wise were maintained. All the restaurants closed though. Palpas in need of desperate redo. Resort doors needs painting. Overall needs a big refresher but with a ton of potential

One thing I can say is that they have a really pretty outdoor resturant area with marina view that would be perfect for a breakfast buffet and / or weddings. It's too bad it's closed. Maybe if they started that up again with a really great rate they could draw some traffic

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank cberenguer

Travelers are raving about these Puerto Vallarta hotels

Eureka Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

You have all the amenities of Raintree Club, and all of the activities are across the street at the Westin Regina. I think this may be the best kept secret in Pueto Vallarta. No vendors approching, watching the boats coming in to Port was my favorite part of my morning. WIFI everywhere, so no problems chatting with friends and family. The staff are a wonderful bunch, and have been here multiple years as I remember many of them from my stay in 2012, and that is what will bring me back again and again. They are very accomodating, and I love the peace and serenity. I love that Raintree had the good sense to split the properties. Quiet at the pool, surrounded by lovely landscaping and constant care taken. Thanks to all the staff at Villa Vera, hope to see you next year!

Room Tip: The lower level walks straight out to the pool. Minimal unit noise by the spa
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HollyLillig
Palms West, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

We suffered through a week of our vacation here. Usually the Villa Vera suites are smaller more intimate resorts. This one was mostly vacant. The pool wasn't heated and it was freezing! No restaurant or bar. The first weekend at midnight we woke up at midnight to some kind of loud latin wedding reception at the pool that blared on into the night unitl 4 am. The location isn't great it is next to a boat yard 1/3 of the suites have a view of that. It is a u shaped resort where all the suites overlook the pool the problem is the bedrooms over look the busy street with lots of bus noise or the boat yard that has all sorts of tool sounds starting a 8 am. I didn't feel the people here cared if you enjoyed your stay. I tried to get moved to another room but the location would have gone from bad to worse. Spare your self from this place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Sandra M
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

You know what, I can only Compare my stay there to a bad run down highway motel with a pool. The side of the Marina that this place is on is so dirty, Gross, & smelly, You have no View at all. The pictures of the pool are the highlight. Please, Do not make the mistake of staying here. We were there through RCI, It was such a joke, we were on the phone with the travel agent on the first day raising hell. The staff on the plus side were ok, they did try and make are stay as enjoyable as possible. But overall, Its just to run down, It is not what I want a vacation to be. My advice, stay at the Westin accross the street, I did for the last 4 days of my trip, and you know what, It would have been just a little difference cost wise had we done the whole trip there.

Room Tip: At the hotel Across the street
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank bcrewe82
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

Went end of March beggining of April 2011 for my cousin's wedding at Club Regina which is right across the street. What is nice about this place is that you have full access to their sister hotel which is much bigger and right in front of a beach. Pools at Villa Vera were o.k but heard from the kids that the water was very cold. We hung out mostly at the pool at Club Regina and loved it. Very kid friendly. This place is great if you having your wedding at Club Regina and need an affordable place for your guests to stay. Breakfast was included which you ate at Club Regina and it was a very delicious breakfast Mexican and American selections not big at all so not overwhelming but enough for different selections.
Lobby at Villa Vera was small but decent and they will not give you your rooom till check in but will hold your stuff in case you wanted to go out for a stroll or just go and hit the beach at Club Regina. My room was outdated but for the price it was fine. Staff was very nice and I liked how quick it was for the golf cart to come and take us to Club Regina. Longest I waited was 10 minutes and that was because we all wanted to get to the wedding on time. Which by the way was the best wedding I have ever gone too. Maybe it was because I was with my family but the service and fireworks at the wedding were awesome! Not sure if I would stay again though unless they gave me a good price like they did for the wedding guests. I paid $80 a night with full breakfast included for being party of the wedding. It was just me though no kids in my room. Also if you choose to walk to Club Regina's beach from Villa Vera it is no more then 15 minutes long and that is walking at a very slow pace.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with separate seating area.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank girliegirl71
Mundelein, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

Villa Vera is a very pretty, quiet stay. With that said, it's appointments are very weak,
no food or beverage service does not make it a destination place in relationship to
high power and basically well appointed sister, Club Regina. We chose Villa Vera based on Acapulco and Isla Mujeres Villas, and this one just does not make it.
We slept comfortably. We watched fully loaded flat screen tvs. Internet was available in the lobby and it worked well. Pool is beautiful, but lose the canopy beds. Because we are time share owners this really should not command the points that Club Regina does.
Service by staff is friendly and good, but they just don't make you feel really welcomed.
Nice place to stay, but not a destination. Good for a nite or two.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple