“Awesome and Inexpensive Mexican Food”
Review of Cafe de Olla

Cafe de Olla
Ranked #159 of 1,302 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2019

This is my favorite place for simple authentic Mexican food in the city. It's not pricy and everything they serve is great. It's cash only so bring cash.

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,521)

Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

I visit Puerto Vallarta a couple times a year for over 25 years. Cafe de Olla is a destination for me 2 or 3 times each time I’m in town. I’ve always had great service and great food. The taco dinners have a choice of 4 different meats and they are all good.
This time I thought I would try a new dish. I ordered the fish fillet with a garlic butter topping. Wow! This is a new favorite of mine now. It was delicious.
This is a great place to eat any time you are in the Romantic Zone on Puerto Vallarta. Give it a try. Great food and the prices are very reasonable.

1  Thank Harvm
Reviewed May 13, 2019

We stumbled across this little gem and hand one of the nicest meals. The food is proper home cooked and you can see mamma in the kitchen working away. Nachos, garlic mushrooms, bread and fajitas fir 2 with margarita and Crown & Coke for under 700 pesos! Amazing

Reviewed May 7, 2019

We first went here by default - Pancho's having a huge lineup. We had never realized how big this restaurant is inside. What a pleasant surprise!! Everything worked here -professional servers, very authentic and reasonably priced food, excellent drinks and again not over priced. Our table of ten appreciated everything and looked forward to returning which we did twice during our stay. Everything we sampled on the menu was good so feel free to order anything. Great service from Octavio, Nestor and Raul . Make sure you have a mug of the café de olla.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

Cafe Olla is one of the most popular cafes in PV serving Mexican cuisine. It just celebrated 25 years. If you get there after 11:30 be prepared for long lines. The servers have been there for many years and I recognized a few of them from 12 years ago which says something about the stability of this Cafe. No need to order anything fancy. The tacos, especially fish, are great as are the sopes. You must bust Cafe Olla.

Date of visit: April 2019