“Good Time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe de Olla

Cafe de Olla
Ranked #57 of 999 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vancouver, Canada
“Good Time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Had dinner here last night. Plato mexicano and fajitas were very good. Margaritas are 'strong'. Two may send you flying out the door. Always dependable and a good night out.

Chicago, Illinois
“A great PV old standby”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We always go here our first night and get the platter for 2. It's wonderful and you come away stuffed. It gets very crowded after 7 pm and you might have to wait in line but it's worth the experience. We've also eaten there for breakfast and enjoyed it.

Visited December 2012
Toronto
“Eeeek.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We loved this place - until we saw that they 'recycle' the chips they put on the tables. We watched them clear tables and then dump whatever uneaten chips were in the basket back into a oven to keep warm, then the kids in the back would grab a bunch with their hands and put them in another basket for the next table. Gross.
We love the food here and really don't want to give this place a bad rap, and I understand about cost saving and not wanting to throw out good food, but this is how germs are spread, and people get sick. We had a table with a few people who were coming down with colds and flu. The thought that their chips they had touched were being thrown back and reheated for the next table of people really put me off. We stopped going after this, unfortunately. I wondered what other unfinished food items were being recycled too.

I would love to hear that this practice has stopped, and soon.

2 Thank LolaRamona
Puerto Vallarta
“The Best Chicken Soup...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I recently found myself under the weather and desiring comfort and healing qualities of fresh chicken soup. A friend brought me several servings and I am now a devoted fan. Fresh chicken, broth, a touch of rice, fresh Avocado and Pico de Gallo to float on top. It helped nurse me back to health and now I just crave it and plan to get my weekly fix from now on. In high season, there is often a line but the service staff & management team are very efficient. Do not be discouraged, the wait is surprisingly short and anyway even if it was it is more than worth it. Gracias Cafe de Olla Equipo para la sopa y enchiladas anoche. Muy Rico!

1 Thank PuertoVallartaDani
“Good basic fare and reasonably priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

There's a reason you have to wait to get into this restaurant. Simple dishes are well-prepared. I had octopus with peppers last night and it was an absolute keeper! The Mexican platter is worthwhile and gives a taste of several dishes. Not something I normally go for but this one makes it. The chili rellanos are super. Service is attentive. Prices are quite reasonable for PV.

Visited January 2013