“"Antonio Banderas" You are NOT!!”

Crucero Bahia Alegre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bay tour with us and discover the beautiful Marietas Islands, knows his magic and splendor, makes the activities and live a wonderful experience.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“"Antonio Banderas" You are NOT!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Trip October 15th 2013 departure out of the marina at about 930am returning to the marina at 430pm.

This was the absolute worst "cruise" I have ever been on. Only thing good about the crew was the photographer with a hat that said "Homie" on it. He was friendly and knowledgeable and surprisingly not affiliated with the company at all...

"Antonio Banderas"-have no idea what hos real name was- was an absolutely terrible guide/host. He yelled at the passengers "Vamanos!" Every chance he got and corralled us like cattle at the dock and while snorkeling.

The food was awful, some mass plated pineapple that was rotten with papaya and watermelon, small cups of yogurt and orange juice that was actually watered down tang.

During our boat ride to the island, Antonio screamed into the mic constantly, the speakers were positioned so they faced the passengers, and it was LOUD. So loud that I had to plug my ears, and I got a nasty headache. The music was also LOUD and obnoxious, they couldn't figure out if they wanted to play Bob Marley or some rendition of 70's and 80's cover bands or Mexican music. It was bad. I was happy that the top deck was empty so I took solace up there for most of the trip (with the smokers). Antonio mostly spoke Spanish, hardly ever acknowledging the American or English speaking passengers, and when he did address us it was a brief rush over of what he said in Spanish. And he talked CONSTANTLY. I wish he would have just kept quiet. I prayed he would not talk. I was not granted that wish. He loved hearing himself talk and fancied himself funny, and was not, at all. In fact the opposite, seriously the most annoying person I have ever encountered.

Once we got to the island to snorkel, again we were herded about like livestock and told to "HURYY up and get your gear on, not a lot of time!!!" So we all lined up in our snorkel gear and jumped off the boat into the very choppy water. He yelled at us all "Vamanos!" about a hundred times like we were a bunch of children who needed to be scolded. He rudely directed us to where we were to snorkel and for how long, this was not a leisurely event as we were led to believe. And we were forced to wear cumbersome life vests while snorkeling, I am experienced and a strong swimmer and I resented being told I had to wear a vest, this prevented me from being able to dive down to get better views of the fish, which were scarce by the way. The current was very strong and the we bobbed around at the mercy of the tide, which was high. There is no reef protecting the waves so it was very difficult staying in one place. And there is no beach to rest on, you are surrounded by the island which is rock.

Then we were all yelled at to hurry up (vamanos) to swim to the cave, I opted out by this time, I was miserable, there were sooo many people and everywhere you turned you were running into someones flipper, I have never felt so cramped and irritated snorkeling before. There were so many inexperienced swimmers and snorkelers it was amazing, this is NOT the place for beginners, in fact I am gonna go so far to say this in NOT a good place to snorkel, it's too rough.

So rough in fact that one passenger got thrown to the rock by a wave and her husband who went to rescue her got the brunt of the rocks as well. There was screaming and commotion and then the dingy motored on to rescue the injured. Once on board assessed injuries, a few scrapes and scratches, nothing serious, but when you are in water that rough, it can be very scary, I felt for the injured party as their experience was over for the day. Well we only had an hour at this location, then we loaded up and went to the other location for another hour where there was a private beach. Same situation as above, so I stayed behind. The crew could not find the buoy so the boat was on the whole time and I was rewarded with fumes the entire time. There was not 3 hours of snorkeling like promised, but 2, another misnomer. My husband said that Antonio was plucking the animals from the ocean and allowing the snorkelers to handle them while taking pictures, delicate sea anemone and starfish were being ripped from their PROTECTED habitat to be ogled and fondled by an OBNOXIOUS guide. I was furious. There was also trash everywhere on the ocean floor from dirty tourists dropping their garbage. For a protected habitat it was treated like garbage, and I will never again go on a tour like this again. The parts of the coral that were there was dead and the color was dull. All the native birds were subjected to fumes of the boats, noise from the tourists and the garbage left behind. Just terrible that people are destroying our beautiful wildlife.

Anyways...there was still no food or drink yet and we were all getting very hungry. So they served cucumbers, carrots and jicama in water glasses.

Finally it was time to set off and lunch was prepared, we had to give tickets for our plates, which was lukewarm chicken, salad items no dressing and warm macaroni salad with ham. We were hungry so we ate, but it was far from good. The we discovered that people (hispanic) without tickets were getting food as well, so now we felt like we got burned. The soda was flat and had no variety. Total garbage.

The music was so loud I had to ask to have it turned down. Antonio was so loud that when I heard his voice I cringed. I couldn't wait for this day to be over. They did really bad karaoke and surprise surprise Antonio was the only one who sang, my god he sucked. Then the crew did some dance contest and then some really bad performance by the crew at the end.

The most surprising part was when the bartender came by with a big bottle, shaking it's empty contents and asking for tips. I couldn't believe it. I didn't have a single drink and I was disgusted by this display. It was rude and unnecessary, especially since I considered them undeserving of a tip after that joke of a day, however they put you on the spot and you feel like an [--] for not contributing, so we put 20 pesos in jar, still too much as far as I'm concerned.

After we got off the boat I never looked back, I was so thankful to be off and heading back to the hotel.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank M E

Beaverton, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Snorkeling was great”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We went on a snorkeling trip out to the hidden beach in the Marietas islands on the Bahia Alegra. The price ($400 peso = approx. $30 USD per person) of this trip was very reasonable compared to some of the other trips in the area. We got a late start due to the port authority not allowing the boat out of the harbor until they were sure the weather conditions were okay.(tropical storm in the area) The crew was all very helpful and the service was great. Once we got on the way they opened up the bar and provided a small fruit/melon plate to snack on. The music was a little loud and I would recommend to anyone considering this cruise to select seats away from the large speakers. The leader of the crew was informative on the way out and tried to be entertaining during the 1hr cruise out to the Marietas island. The snorkeling and the hidden beach were highlights of our vacation to Mexico. Its a little bit more of a party cruise than my family needed and wish they would have opened up the second level of the boat so we could have gone up there to get away from the loud music. For the price of this cruise I felt overall this was a great trip and we really enjoyed the snorkeling and the hidden beach on Marietas Island. Make sure you hold onto the provided snorkel gear or you will be paying for it.

Visited June 2013
Tucson, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“not what we expected”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

After attending a timeshare presentation, we were given tickets to the Bahia Alegre cruise but we were lead to believe it was a day cruise to Caletas Beach. Although this cruise took you to a beach near Caletas, it was not the same cruise. We had to take a taxi to Puerto Vallerta from Nuevo Vallarta (were not informed this). The boat was an older boat that couldn't dock near the beach so all the people on the boat had to be put in tiny boats to take you to the island, took a long time because there were lots of people. The island had pretty bad restroom facilities and the kitchen cooking our food was not as clean as many would like. It also stopped for snorkeling but the water was dark and full of jellyfish. This did not look like the photos we were shown at the timeshare but again I later realized they had shown us a brochure for the Vallarta Advetures Tour to Caletas Beach. We had a different expectation. I would see this tur was 2 to 3 star tour. Compare the tours and do your research before you book. Be careful if you are going on a free tour promised by a timeshare deal cuz they switched our free tour.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Izzyduke
Fairview Heights, Illinois, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Impromptu Day outing”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The activities were pretty cool. We paid extra for the horseback ride to the waterfalls, and felt that this portion was well worth it. The included meal was mediocre. You should prepare and take a snack as the meals were not served until around 3pm or later - so most people were pretty hungry by this time. There was also the option to hike to the waterfalls for free, but this was not widely disclosed to all passengers. Those that didn't know were dropped at another beach to enjoy the sun while a different group went on to the horses.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Sarah S
Tigard, OR
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“DONT LET THEM FOOL YOU”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Definitely not what I was expecting at all. We were told that this was going to be a booze cruz with an open bar and snorkeling. It also including lunch on a nice beach for a couple hours unless you wanted to horseback ride to a waterfall. First of all, it was packed, with lots of kids. You weren't allowed to start drinking until after snorkeling, so snorkeling came first after a long ride. We snorkeled at Los Arcos where visibility was terrible. The water was murky and the 30-40 kids splashing around probably wasn't helpful. Then they started serving alcohol, including to some young children. But that probably didn't matter because you probably needed to drink at least 5 cups of their drinks to get the equivalent of a shot of alcohol. It tasted like watered down juice. Abosultely terrible. So we stuck to beer. When we arrived at the beach it took awhile to get lunch, then we had to order our own alcohol since our open bar was shut down. There were people walking around with iguanas charging people $5 to take their own pictures. I didn't even realized I had to pay until he said "That will be $5" I took the picture on my own phone! At the end of the day, nobody even let us know the cruise was leaving. We just happened to notice a large crowd slowly start to form down the beach at the pier. Good thing we were paying attention. Worst "booze" cruise Ive ever been on. On the way back the "selected"(more like forced) my boyfriend an I to dance in a game they were playing in front of hundreds of people. They announced that we were all winners and would each recieve a bottle of tequila when in the end they just laughed at us and gave us nothing. We complained so they gave us their bottom of the barrel water soda. Don't go.

Visited May 2013